* Yesterday was an absolutely grueling day at work, but I ended up making really good money, thank goodness.
* FUCKING HEALTH INSURANCE. I am now insured (whoo tits!) via an individual plan, but they are declining to cover Pristiq until I have met my deductible, so I am pretty much paying a $340 flat-rate fee for the all-the-doctoring-you-can-stomach-each-month plan PLUS paying out of pocket for meds. This is not going to be sustainable longterm, particularly since January marks the start of a new fiscal year during which I get to meet a NEW deductible. God damn fucking health insurance!
* Also, The C(o)unty decided that since my chickens are now legal and they can't ruin my happiness THAT way, they would issue me a citation for 2013 property taxes on the MFA Beater AND the original MFA Minivan, demanding that I pay within five days or come to court. And naturally they delivered this four days into said five-day period, so I had to scramble and come up with some money I didn't have for THAT, too.
* The Situation has ramped up in its urgency, and I have an appointment to do with that in a little over an hour. Good thoughts, mojo, vibes, wishes, etc. are much appreciated there. I will tell y'all what The Situation is as soon as I have some answers and the time to relay them (those of you who are friends with me on The Facespace already know what this is about, which I say not to tease the rest of you but just so that my close friends who read here know there aren't TWO situations).
* Hotter thought the one day this week that I am not working a double or trying to work a double due to The Situation and a job interview would be a fine time to go back to sleep after his alarm went off, so I had to get up early and drive Big Child to school. THANKS FOR THAT, HOTTER.
* No matter how I juggle it, there is just no fucking way we're going to make rent this month, which scares the hell out of me. I thought we'd be okay, but then $200+ bills started popping up out of the woodwork like goddamn financial whack-a-mole, and I can't let the power get cut off because obviously, and I can't let the phones get cut off because same, and I can't not fill the Pristiq because that's what's keeping the wheels from coming off entirely, and I can't not have health insurance right now because The Situation (yeah, it's medical and very much a potentially worst-case-scenario type of thing, although currently I at least FEEL fine), even if said health insurance is crappy enough that I still (SURPRISE!) have to pay out of pocket for prescription meds for right now. The possible silver lining to today's Situation-related appointment is that the testing involved may well eat up my deductible and render Pristiq a $40 co-payment instead of a huge fucking expense, and hospitals at least bill you instead of demanding it all in advance. I am currently out as of yesterday, and waiting to fill it until after today's hospital-stravaganza just in case, because that is what passes for optimism in my life right now.
* Oh and it's a minor thing in the grand scheme, but I have identified my nemesis at Eclecstasy. Two months without a professional nemesis was nice, but all good things, etc. I'm not sure the other party feels the same way about me, but I find it convenient to have someone toward which to channel all of the frantic hate in my head and heart and figure better someone at work than someone at home and so GAME ON, BITCH!
* How are all of YOU?