* This time they actually did the surgi-ma-callit-ectomy. Whoo!
* Unfortunately, they don't think Hotter really had true surgi-ma-callit-itis, and the transplant team doesn't know why he was hurting the way he was; they said to call THEM (not Dr. Kidney) if it happens again and most likely they'll try fixing the giant umbilical hernia he's got as a souvenir of his post-transplant appendectomy (they didn't do that today because it's so big they'll need to use mesh to close it, and putting synthetics in at the same time as the other stuff they did today is, apparently, begging for infection in an immunosuppressed patient). BOO!
* The PCA seems to be controlling his pain pretty well and he has a nice nurse. Whoo!
* So he's very boring. Snoring thunderously even with an NG-tube and oxygen cannula in his nose (impressive, but...). BOO!
* The hospital has wireless! Whoo!
* This particular unit doesn't allow overnight guests and Hotter's going to be very displeased when he wakes up and finds that out (no, they're not willing to let him leave until tomorrow and even that is only if everything goes perfectly; the transplant surgeon laughed when I dutifully asked about that and said "he can be pissed off all he wants about it!"). BOO!
* How are all of you?