* There is a work-event coming up where we're supposed to dress up in costumes. I usually maintain a stance somewhere between "you do not pay me enough for this shit" and token minimal participation when it comes to these things, because I'm ornery like that and also costumes cost money, but this time I'm going all-out and it should be fairly epic.
* Hotter reads various web comics, and has gotten me hooked on this one. The ones about cats are the story of our lives over here, and also the ones about gender to a certain extent.
* Chigger has no dignity to speak of:
* I am running out of ideas for using up massive zucchini. Your thoughts?
* Speaking of garden vegetables, what the fuck is going on with kale these days? Suddenly it's a terrible idea to eat the stuff? I have a garden full of it.
* I've been reading a lot of trashy novels. So far I think the second novel in Jasinda Wilder's Stripped books wasn't nearly as good as the first, and the latest Kallypso Masters book went a little too far into the fantastic for my tastes, but then I'm a huge bitch right now and nothing pleases me.
* I very nearly got into it on the Facespace with someone who is researching for their latest exotic resort vacation (they take one about every month, it seems) when I pointed out that they were suffering from first-world problems. While this is true, and that person is the braggiest of the braggy, I suppose they must be compensating for some kind of internal turmoil with all of the brag-booking and if I was that kind of rich probably I'd take vacations, too. Or maybe I'd just go and see my dying father bef--OKAY AND WE'RE DONE HERE.