* I haven't blogged lately mostly because I've been lowly worm. I reinjured my back a bit uprooting pokeweed with my barehanded feelings (the same ones I had when last I wrote), and caught the 'flu-like ailment that's been making the rounds in my workplace. It's this super-awesome virus that takes ten to twelve days to resolve and runs the gamut from GI unpleasantness through chest, throat, and sinus pain, with general malaise throughout. FUNTIMES!
* The kitten somehow got out and spent several hours IN THE COLD, WHILE IT RAINED. Despite that he's fine. I'm not!
* Speaking of the kitten, those of you familiar with pitbulls will not be surprised to hear that Isis has adopted him. After his outdoor fright the kitten was chilly and scared enough to try returning the feelings, and now Isis is the proud mama to a hairless kitten. He nurses on her and everything, which freaks Hotter out, but bottom line is Isis + Skeeter = <3 <3 <3 and it is RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.
* What's NOT cute, even a little bit, is that Hotter found a possum in Squatter Workshop on top of the henhouse--A FUCKING POSSUM! He chased it outside with a shovel. I am NOT OKAY WITH POSSUMS and was disappointed that he didn't come get me. "You're sick! What would you have done?" "GOTTEN OFF MY SICKBED AND BEAT IT TO DEATH," said I, and then he tried to make me feel better about there having been a possum by saying it didn't move very fast and he thought it was sick. And also it had a fuzzy tail (yes, I know, they don't HAVE fuzzy tails, but Hotter says he saw what he saw). So it's a sick, mutant possum. Greeeeat.
* Speaking of Hotter and seeing things, I took him back to the eye doctor today and they confirmed that his cataract is worse and scheduled a date before the end of the month to remove it.
* And speaking of major medical procedures, the younger two children both got 'flu shots today, as did Hotter. Big Child and I did not have doctors' appointments today and so remain unvaccinated thus far, which caused Big Child to lament that when he does get his 'flu vaccine this year he doesn't know which side to ask for it in, because his left side is the side where he broke his collarbone and has been through quite enough trials and tribulations this year, plus he didn't want to re-injure anything with a needle, but his right side is his favorite one because he is right-handed. Both littles and I pointed out that the 'flu shot doesn't GO in your collarbone but rather in your upper arm, and Big Child insisted that when his collarbone ached from the recent change of weather it ached exactly where he'd gotten his last 'flu shot. "Then that wasn't your collarbone aching," I informed him. "IT WAS SO, I REMEMBER THAT PAIN," he insisted, and so I think this has become like Sophie's Choice for him. Will he incapacitate his writing arm and risk academic ruin? Will he rebreak his Achilles Heel collarbone and become a mere mortal? WHAT WILL HE DO? Stay tuned!
* Cat farts: fecking 'orrid things! Lord.
* Today the visitor deck at Local Teaching Hospital was full, so I had to valet-park the MFA Beater to take Hotter to Transplant Clinic. I left the Beater reluctantly in the valets' hands, worried its' trick clutch would act up but lacking a better option, and we emerged two hours later to find the Beater exactly where we'd left it (blocking half the valet circle in front of the hospital). Hotter doesn't think I should have paid them anything, seeing as how they failed utterly to park the car. I...am willing to call the cash a storage fee.
* Because they bother the everloving shit out of me, Hotter has taken it upon himself to advocate for the possums of the world. "What's a possum again," one of the children wanted to know. "THE POSSUM IS ONE OF GOD'S MOST BEAUTIFUL CREATURES," Hotter intoned. I'm going to throw a shoe at him, I swear...
* My mouthguard is missing. I am very, very sad about that.
* How are all of YOU? Have you seen my mouthguard? Battled any possums lately? Had your 'flu shot? Tell me all about it.