* I've been working a lot of overtime lately, hence the dearth of posts. Today as a result of said overtime I took Hotter to get a root canal on the tooth that disintegrated, and have a post placed to support a crown. The actual crown itself we're going to try and hold off on until my employer coverage from Eclecstasy kicks in (May-ish), in case that's better than the individual plan I bought him through Delta, but the safety issue (broken teeth are infection hazards, especially in immune-suppressed people) has been addressed and I am very relieved.
* I am also very depressed. The big fight we had where Hotter was super-nasty and unrealistic about the entire dental thing changed something with us. We're speaking again, and getting along okay, but some things can't be unsaid and I don't know if I'll ever really feel the same way about Hotter. He's gotten nasty with me before, but previously it was always about something we disagreed on. This time it was like he was really REACHING, and I think he must just harbor a certain contempt for me. Either that or he's just so bitter with life in general that he's incapable of happiness within a relationship. Neither of those are good options. I told him he needed to get a job and at least be functionally depressed (I'm hoping that'll give him a renewed sense of purpose), so that he can either contribute to the household bills or live independent of me. He said something about not sticking around if he was independent of me, and I told him that in that case a recent work-history would be a good thing for him to have, since his mother isn't in a position to support him.
* I haven't been sleeping worth a damn lately, and have instead been reading Jodi Picoult. The Storyteller was SO GOOD. Handle With Care hit me in the feels. Sing You Home was such a sweet story...what gorgeous prose that lady writes!
* The XY is on the warpath again, and I am not a fan. That is all I'll say about that since he's making legal threats.
* Eclecstasy lately is kind of a mixed bag. Crazy Coworker hasn't been around much (apparently she has some shit going on in her personal life, all very tragic and outlandish), so that's nice. When she has been around, she's been a real chore, though. Management is doing that thing where they fail to punish people who are actual fuckups and instead institute across-the-board changes that make life unnecessarily difficult, which...meh. I'm a good employee so I'm not worried and it IS kind of funny watching the bad employees scramble and squirm, but it can be inconvenient at times.
* I've written and junked several posts lately, so I'm just going to publish this before I chicken out or lose interest again. How are all of YOU?