* I just made turkey salad with some leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and OMG, it was SO GOOD! Big Child, Middly, and I had the turkey salad for lunch; it was the first time Middly has ever willingly eaten anything of the sort (nobody tell him about the emm-aye-why-oh). Yay! There's nothing left on that poor bird but the wings and enough scraps for soup, and I'm already fantasizing about eating the wings later (I'm the only person in the house who enjoys parts of the turkey other than the breast, and have been feasting as a result). Man, I love Thanksgiving turkey!
* Know who else loves Thanksgiving leftovers? Skeeter. Hotter heated up slices of ham in some chicken broth for last night's dinner, and Skeeter found the pan and drank the broth. He then helped himself to both pumpkin and pecan pie all sneaky-like, and was shockingly bloated for the rest of the evening:
* Tomorrow I get to meet a friend and co-worker at Temp Agency #2, whose acquaintance I made through this humble blog. Since the whole Stalky debacle I've been leery of meeting any further innernet people (well, with the exception of Hotter I guess, HA!), but C is A Good Egg and I'm looking forward to visiting with her. Yay!
* Because it can't ALL be good food, good friends, and funnies at the expense of the stupid gluttonous cat, I'm 90% certain the XY has lost his job. E-mails to his work address bounce, his work cell and landline are no longer his, and this would certainly explain his recent downward spiral in mental health and threats to stop paying the child support "because you are unreasonable about visitation" (meaning I've asked him to start returning the children on time and stop peeing in my yard). Oh, and the call I got from MFA Dentist's office asking if I knew why their claims for the boys' most recent cleanings and checkups had been rejected. Oyyy. The children were telling me their father spent $2,000 on electronics during visitation on Black Friday (they volunteered the information in the context of telling me what great deals he had told them he'd gotten--I do not ask them questions about their time with their father because that's not fair to them), so I'm guessing the insurance checks from his "Jewish lightning" housefire have come in? Hopefully he saves a little something back to pay child support...that's due today and I'm really nervous. If he makes good on his threat to stop paying it'll be a grim holiday season here, and, well, a grim forseeable future. Because to even complain to a judge about lack of child support you have to hire a lawyer, and if I'm trying to feed everyone and make rent without child support I'm not going to be able to afford one. HO HO HO! MERRRRY FUCK-YOU!
* On the bright side I didn't hear any negative feedback at work from my failed good deed of yesterday. So that's good at least.
* How are all of YOU?