* The MFA Children enjoyed the holiday. They each got something they really wanted, and assorted small things, and they continue to crack me up. Middle Child, for example, got a Kindle Fire HD (the smaller one), which was an extra-generous gift to celebrate his making the straight-A honor roll and winning an award for being an accelerated reader. GO MIDDLY! I loaded it up with kid-friendly content, made The Hunger Games Trilogy available to him (I let him use it in Freetime Mode only, to prevent his getting into Mommy's Kindle Porn or buying Amazon's entire kids' book selection; it also lets me set limits on his use and what he can do with the thing), and he...promptly downloaded and become engrossed in Moby Dick. Haha! Oh and I managed to salvage the Big Child/hundred-dollar bill situation by writing him a check for $100 and promising to take him to the bank to open his own savings account. He's stoked about that, and I'm relieved it worked!
* Work continues to be mostly-awesome, which six months in leads me to believe that I might be working for The Ritz for A Very Long Time. If I don't hate my job yet, I don't think I'm going to. It's super-slow right now due to the holidays, but should pick back up after next week. I saw (and waited on) this family again, and the mom was super-nice, so I think she was just having a horrible day before.
* Poppy continues to not be Isis. Sigh. I really miss that damn expensive dog. Also, we had just gotten Isis fully trained and trustworthy with things like not stealing food, being off-leash, house manners, etc. and now we're back to WHAT DO YOU HAVE? GIMME THAT! LEAVE IT!!! every thirty seconds. Aside from being a damnfool puppy, Poppy's alright. She's starting to develop a personality. She hates the rain. She's clumsy as hell and loves to have her belly rubbed.
* Let's see, what else. Oh. The XY continues to be Not Right In The Head, and a shitty co-parent. He didn't take the holiday time he is entitled to with the children, citing work obligations, and declined to even take an extra weekend. We have a courtdate coming up next month for the trespassing charge, which I am not looking forward to. I have zero faith that a judge will do a goddamn thing about The XY, ever, no matter what he does. But I'm going to put on some pantyhose and go and do my best, and we'll see what happens.
* I don't want to jinx it, but...my back seems to be getting better, finally. By which I mean it still hurts every day, but hasn't been above a five on the pain scale in over a week! That's huge, considering I lived at a seven or greater for MONTHS. I'm trying to be very, very careful and if it stays this good I'm going back to the gym after the first of the new year.
* How are all of YOU? How was your holiday? What are you up to? I really do want to know.