* Faced with the possibility of outgrowing my work pants, I have purchased a Fitbit One (used, for cheap on the eBay). I look forward to seeing how far I actually walk at work on a busy shift!
* Middle Child is in Orchestra this year. The XY had promised to cover the cost of an instrument, then flaked, and I ended up having to buy a damn violin (yes, I know many people rent them, but I found a great deal online on a 3/4 student model--if he sticks with it I'll consider something with better sound quality when he moves up to a full-size instrument), but the important bit is that Middly is on Cloud Nine. He has named his instrument "Fiona," and declared today that he would "record an album and be a famous musician! Poppy can manage my money; she'll eat her half and I'll eat my half. We'll have so much dat we'll eat money for lunch and breakfast and dinner!" Er...
* Little Child recently had a birthday, and I got him a Kindle Fire. He's quite the bookworm, and was increasingly jealous of Middly's Kindle, so now they both have them, the rotten monsters.
* Big Child is currently at a high school football game. Apparently they have these damn things every week, and it's $7 for a ticket, plus he wants snacks, and I am hemorrhaging money for his social life! Which loss pales in comparison when you consider that as of his dental checkup last week he officially needs braces.
* Not to be outdone by Big Child, Hotter urgently needs a couple of hundred dollars worth of dental work as of his and my appointments today, so we're going back on Monday to spend all of the remaining money on that. Joy.
* Not to be outdone by Hotter, the MFA Minivan is starting to have a hard time starting, and its ongoing issues seem to be worsening of late. So I'll be taking plenty of steps at work in the near future to track with the Fitbit, I guess.