* I think my job preference has flip-flopped. Eclecstasy of late is rife with assholes, and I have come to prefer Beta Job, which for all that it doesn't pay worth a crap is new and therefore doesn't have a bunch of people who go back years and therefore a) feel superior and b) have formed cliques. Other than assholery amongst co-workers, I like everything about Eclecstasy better, but there's been enough of that lately that Beta Job is the more fun of the two.
* Tomorrow is a Beta Job day, and I'm kind of looking forward to the break from Eclecstasy, which has really worn down my patience the last couple of weeks. I do not, however, look forward to the shitty money I will most likely make.
* Hotter's been on a bit of a downward spiral lately over a broken kitchen faucet, landlord drama, and I don't even know what else, maybe seasonal blahs? Times like this I really miss my friend who died in January of this shitty, shitty year, because he and Hotter had a lot in common and he often served as my "dude-to-English" interpreter, advising me on when to give him a blowjob and when to slap him upside the head.
* One thing that cheers me up some is that I just ordered our Thanksgiving turkey for this year, and I love me some Thanksgiving. Little Child and I baked a test pumpkin pie last night to see how everyone felt about the frozen gluten-free piecrusts I recently found for sale in a new grocery store in the area (TWO THUMBS UP), and I am starting to think about side dishes (I may put chestnuts in the stuffing this year, I haven't fully decided).
* Skeeter is really getting on my tits recently. No, that's not British affectation on my part, he is LITERALLY stepping ALL OVER my tits a LOT, and I hate it. WHY??? Now that I know there is a cyst in Righty (courtesy of All The Mammograms) it makes sense that his little cat-feet are so painful, but what I want to know is why that exact spot calls to him so.
* Speaking of cats, no word on when we're getting barn kitties. I think Cat Lady at work's friend who actually has the kittens is wanting to hoard them all or something, because a lot of people at work agreed to take one and nobody has gotten a cat. I'm giving it another week or so and then we'll just go to the pound, although taking Hotter there is dangerous because he is a colossal sucker.
* Finally, I slipped on a piece of ice and fell down at work today, and wrenched the everloving SHIT out of my left shoulder (I broke the fall somewhat by grabbing a nearby counter) and banged my knees. Between that and the fading soreness in the OTHER arm from this year's flu shot tomorrow's double shift should be a real blast (by which I mean eff that noise, I'm tempted to stay home).
* How are all of YOU?