* Hotter's arm is still all messed up from when he gashed his wrist, and I am starting to wonder if the curmudgeonly hand surgeon who came, flexed his wrist while peering intently into the wound, declared it to be mostly superficial and not in need of surgery, and sewed it up was wrong in saying it would heal okay without further intervention. Either way I am getting tired of having to work AND take care of much of the stuff Hotter usually does at home, or maybe I am just getting tired, period.
* My health: I've done another round of antibiotics and steroids for flu-related bronchitis since last I blogged about my health, and am still coughing. Effing flu!
* The MFA Honeybees: Alpha Hive is dead (RIP Alpha Hive, 2012-2014). I'm not sure whether I inadvertently killed their queen or they got Colony Collapsed or what. It looked like they all just dropped dead at once. With a full "deep" of honey on top of the hive. So I took the brood chamber off the hive, put Bravo Hive's brood chamber on Alpha's bottom board (Bravo was balanced atop an old cabinet door because I couldn't afford another proper setup), and gave them the deep full of honey to help them get through the rest of the winter. Hopefully Bravo will flourish, and it will all turn out to be worth waiting tables today with no chin but just a continuous, wraparound cheek (singular). Because yeah, Bravo stung me in the face THROUGH my veil as I was moving them, and it took a double dose of Benadryl and some steroids we had lying around to halt the swelling that moved up from my chin to my entire bottom jaw and then started on my tongue. OOF.
* The XY continues to be the source of much vexation to me and mine, and I had to take tomorrow off of work because we have court. Not the "maybe something to do with ending the miserable, soul-sucking, day-destroying child-exchanges that make everyone so unhappy" kind of court or "now that effer will pay a FAIR amount of child support" kind of court, but rather "maybe the XY will go to jail for a bit or pay a fine, but everything that sucks about this situation will continue to do so if not get even WORSE and most likely it will have been a total waste of time" kind of court. Nobody wins! Whoo tits...not.
* Isis. Banfield lost her ashes. Or rather, they blamed the cremation company, but when I raised hell and said "YOU TOLD ME TWO WEEKS, I PAID $300 TO HAVE HER CREMATED AND RETURNED TO ME, WHAT THE FUCK" and they "researched it" I got a voicemail today saying that they had "found...er, not FOUND but um, the cremation company DELIVERED Isis's ashes, so you can pick them up now." So I picked her ashes up today. They're in a nice wooden box that says "Isis. A Good Dog." The place also sent along a paw print and fur clipping, and a nice pewter frame with paw prints on it to put a picture in and display with the wooden box, all in a black cloth bag with a sympathy card. So that's nice, I guess? Fucking Banfield.
* Things at work are...different. There's kind of a Day Shift/Night Shift Sharks/Jets thing going on, so The Powers That Be put the management in charge of Day Shift in charge of Night Shift, and vice versa, I think with the idea in mind that it would help the two groups to better understand each other, make the managers more versatile, and expose the workers to new ideas. It's a good idea. IN THEORY. In practice it's kind of disconcerting and I don't think anybody is enjoying it very much. I am not among the unhappiest workers, because I simply do not care about workplace politics and just show up to pour people's coffee and have them give me some of their money in return. Other than that, I pretty much do what Management tells me, go to HR when I need help with my benefits or a Pervy Busboy situation, and mind my effing business. However, I'm not a fan of change in general either so MEH TO THIS, POWERS THAT BE. MEH I SAY!
* I have made some really good stuff recently, including homemade coconut oil and beeswax hand balm that I am hoping will help my hands not fall apart under all of the washing they go through, this bacon and root-veg dinner that was AMAZING, and bangin' mango salsa to go with tuna steaks and black beans and cilantro-lime rice.
* Hotter is being kind of a jerk, I think largely because pain brings out the best in no one. The Hippie Food Coop delivery service we order from is due to come today and deliver a bunch of food, and I told Hotter it would either be between 3 and 5 or between 5 and 7. He remembers it as me having said "they WILL be here between 3 and 5, just came at me with The Angry Face, and wanted to know when they were REALLY coming. I searched my Gmail for the order receipt, saw that it said between 5 and 7, and relayed that information to Hotter, who shouted that he just wants me to STOP LYING. So that's swell. I'm going to go...something. I don't know. Probably make dinner while Hotter enumerates my various shortcomings for my edification, or maybe jump off the roof? We'll see.
* How are all of YOU?