* I picked the MFA Minivan up this morning, and when I got to the shop (chauffeured by MFA Mechanic's teenaged son, which is freaking weird given that I've known that kid since he was Middly's age!) a mechanic and an auto parts guy and a couple of other random dudes were gathered around a box lined with packing material exclaiming over it and scratching their heads. In that box? Was my (former) alternator. Apparently they don't usually catch on fire and/or melt, and mine was not actually connected by a wire. "It was just arcing in there! Your minivan is magic," one of them informed me. That's one word for the freaking thing...
* There is a special place in hell for people who tip $10 on $265. Not only is it a lot of work waiting on a party of ten, but when you stiff your server like that you are making him or her pay for the privilege of serving you, because he or she has to tip out the bar, food runner, and busser based on sales, not gratuity. If you are that guy? I hope you choke.
* Is there any way to tell whether or not you have pneumonia, without a chest x-ray or actual medical attention? I can't shake this cough, and it seems to be getting wetter and more vigorous over time. My ribs hurt from freaking coughing!
* My ankle is KILLING ME. It had gotten a little better, but today a co-worker used far too much force to fling open the door of a walk-in and in the process knocked me to the right, causing me to land heavily on the bad ankle. THANKS, CO-WORKER!
* After today's double shift, I really don't want to go and do it again tomorrow. I still love working at Eclecstasy IN GENERAL, but I'm getting a little Eclecstasy'd out.
* I say "in general" because there are a handful of people at Eclecstasy who desperately need to fuck off. I don't have a nemesis there, which is nice, but I can easily name five people off the top of my head who need to split an economy-sized bag of dicks amongst themselves.
* Thank you SO very much to E.L.
* I think I forgot to take my Pristiq and Synthroid this morning. In fact, I hope I did because today has been unusually bleak, and obnoxious people, financial ruin, sickness and exhaustion notwithstanding, I do not usually feel so picked on by life.
* How are all of YOU?