* I found a new blog to read that I am really enjoying.
* I tried a bite of rare steak at work and didn't hate it, but then all I'd eaten was a Larabar each for breakfast and lunch, so I'm not sure it counts. Am a little disgusted with myself, honestly.
* The Ritzier has been slow lately. I'm thinking of getting a part-time job, because Hotter really wants to take a trip to the Arctic Tundra to visit his family and the MFA Minivan is terminally ill and I think one of my front teeth is about to need some serious dental work.
* Coincidentally, today I was offered a job at a strip club. Not taking my clothes off, just waiting tables (in a corset, booty shorts, and leggings). I'm considering it because a) it's crazy money b) I'm flattered, and c) it would be an interesting life experience to have that, if I want to give it a try, has a definite expiration date of sorts (I'm not getting any younger).
* Last time I went to Trader Joe's I bought a jar of cornichons, because they are adorable and I'd always wanted to try them. Then I tasted them, and...WHAT FUCKERY IS THIS? Something tastes like...fennel? Anise? TARRAGON. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
* Big Child's summer program for the gifted had a competition that parents were invited to attend, and I went. Big Child and his partner bombed in the first round but did well in the second. They didn't win or even place, but they weren't in last place or even next-to-last, and Big Child handled it with grace and good sportsmanship. I told him I was prouder of that than if he'd been a gracious winner, because it takes a lot more class, and that I couldn't be happier with him as my Number One Son. I'm pleased to report that thirteen is not too old to hug your mother around these parts.
* Hotter has taken to doing this thing lately where he kind of swings his dick around in a "here is how it is going to be" way and it's not cute. It shuts me right down, because I refuse to fight, especially in front of children, but I'm not sure he realizes the big-picture price of that kind of victory in the context of a marriage.
* I'm still pretty fucking depressed. A longtime friend of mine recently started working at The Ritzier, but we have opposite schedules. Tonight was the first time we've worked together there and she kept kind of poking at me. "Why aren't you more excited to see me? I feel like you should have all of these things to tell me, and you're just...quiet. WHAT IS GOING ON?" I was like "well, Hotter has been sick, and my ex has been a douche,** and I'm a little worried about my mental health because I can't seem to cheer the fuck up lately." Said friend is self-centered enough that she was like "oh" and proceeded to discuss her boy-problems. Which was fine. Or maybe it wasn't? I don't even know anymore.
* How are all of YOU?
** The XY has hit a new low in co-parenting, and I'd be outraged except it wouldn't change anything and I kind of forget how to make the face for that emotion anyway. I haven't written about it on here because I try not to trash my ex online and there is nothing amusing about how badly he sucks as a father of late. It's actually just really sad.