* My cold did indeed depart without medical intervention, which delighted me to no end considering that I am, as of 9/1, once again without medical insurance (dammit). Whoo!
* Thanks to my having picked up an extra shift today, I am 99.9% certain that I have now paid back all MFA Microlenders for their generous help in getting my family through the training period for The New Job. That said, I suck with numbers, and while I starred all donations marked "loan" in Gmail and paid those back, I am paranoid that I have overlooked someone who will then think I am a deadbeat, hate my guts, and join forces with Stalky in slandering my good name across the innernets. IF YOU LOANED ME MONEY AND DID NOT GET A REFUND VIA PAYPAL, PLEASE COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN PAY YOU BACK! I don't want to miss anyone, and have you think I just suck. I promise it won't be awkward! Speak now or forever hold your peace!
* We think one of the pullets laid an egg. They're in with the older girls now (all three of them--Honeybadger died a couple of weeks ago of some mysterious chicken ailment--she just laid down one day and never got up; I moved her to a pen by herself so the others wouldn't bother her and she ate and drank for a couple of days then just keeled over dead without ever getting up again), and Hotter collected a very bright blue egg that didn't appear to be the work of Maria or Blacktop (Dottie lays brown eggs so it definitely wasn't her). Yay, egg!
* We're getting lettuce and mesclun greens from the garden, as well as kale and zucchini and sweet potato greens and turnip greens. I'm the only one who eats most of that, but yay, greens! I've been hitting the naproxen pretty hard of late and bleeding like a stuck pig from even the smallest of cuts, so leafy greens are just what the doctor ordered!
* The XY took the boys this weekend for the first time in a loooong while. I am hoping that this means his house is rebuilt (after the "Jewish Lightning" of last April) and his weekend visitation will resume, because the food cost of having the boys home all the time ALONE is killing us (plus he's been telling them for weeks now that the house is done and they can come and see it, but then it turns out there's been a delay and he doesn't take them). Who knows, though. We'll see I guess.
* I'm so damn tired, y'all. Days of back-to-back doubles have taken their toll, and tomorrow's another one.
* How are all of YOU?