* I managed to pick up an additional shift tomorrow, which means that we might make rent after all (albeit by the skin of our teeth), thanks to a co-worker swapping with me at my request.
* Despite an interview that I thought went rather badly (it was just super-awkward, and the guy interviewing me seemed to enjoy asking questions that made me squirm), I got the (second--NOT leaving Eclecstasy!) job. I have orientation next week, after which my training will commence around my existing schedule with Eclecstasy. Beta Job doesn't have the "autograt" anymore either, but seems like it'll be a decent place to work, and uses the same awesome scheduling app as Eclecstasy does, which should make juggling the two as easy as possible.
* Last night I arrived at work to find that another server had taken a large party in my section and left me with just one table. Typically it is considered good etiquette to surrender one or more of your own remaining tables to your displaced section-neighbor when this happens, but the other server in this case was being a Greedy Gus and resisting. Typically I will cut a bitch over this kind of thing but I was kind of beaten-down after spending the drive to work setting up a surgical consult for The Situation. A third server came and asked me why I hadn't annexed some of Greedy Gus's tables, and I said "eh, they don't seem to want to share and I have had A Day and am not up for fighting over tables." And Third Server said "WELL THAT IS JUST BULLSHIT I WILL BE RIGHT BACK" and went and got in Greedy Gus's face on my behalf, and got results! I almost embarrassed myself by bursting into tears; historically I have not had very many people in life stand up for me in any way, and this really warmed the cockles of my black little heart. I ended up making good money.
* An incredibly kind friend sent us a bunch of nonperishable necessities via Amazon, including a bag of Skeeter's brand of catfood. The boxes arrived just as he'd finished off the last bag, and while I will now NEVER convince that silly cat that not all boxes are for him, I am so very grateful to The Grocery Fairy :)
* I am not working a double today because I had to be available to drive Big Child to and from an event where he was volunteering as part of his Civics class' community-service requirement. On Top of The World came on the radio, and I turned it up because I really like Imagine Dragons, and Big Child cocked his head and said "isn't this Imagine Dragons? I really like them. They've got a wide range, y'know? Radioactive is all dark and industrial, and then they go and do a song like this and it's like WHOA!" And I was like, WHOA. Not only is he turning into a person, but Big Child is kind of...cool.
* I don't know if it's the fact that my blood-levels are Pristiq are back to what they should be, the prospect of making rent, or just the rampant kindness and goodwill of the past twenty-four hours, but I have found my hope again and am feeling a bit better about life.
* How are all of YOU?