* I guess it was inevitable with the hours I am putting in, but I fucked up in my time-management/scheduling and am in deep shit with one of my jobs as a result. It's totally my fault, too. That? Is the worst damn feeling. Best case scenario, I lost a shift due to my own idiocy and will get a write-up. Worst-case scenario doesn't bear mentioning...I picked up a shift at the other brick-and-mortar job and did some work for Temp Agency #3 to keep our finances from being directly impacted, but...ugh.
* I got a letter from the DMV stating that they had reason to believe I was driving without insurance and to return the enclosed form with my proof of insurance in the enclosed envelope within ten days or they'd suspend both my license AND my registration. I do have car insurance, so that part's not a problem, but I want to know why the DMV is up my ass. This is the kind of thing that makes me think of Stalky...if it WAS Stalky then nice try, asshole, but I am all good with the car insurance, thanks. The dammit comes into play because the address the form said to mail it to and the address on the enclosed envelope were DIFFERENT and now I am paranoid. After some debate, Hotter and I decided to use the enclosed envelope, which had an "attention to" line that seemed likely to get the form to the appropriate party even if it went to the wrong PO box, but I kind of wonder if maybe I should go to the damn DMV in, say, NINE days to make absolutely SURE everything is good?
* A good friend of mine is having an acute mental health crisis, and I'm really worried about them. "Go to the doctor tomorrow, do not leave without antibiotics, STD testing, and psych meds" is an actual thing I said today. Hotter can tell when I'm on the phone with this poor person when I pick it up and am like "He--no. NO. YOU ARE MAKING TERRIBLE CHOICES STOP IT!"
* Speaking of terrible choices, The XY welched on visitation again, and that emm-effer is really getting on my nerves.
* We still have no working stove or oven. An appliance repairman came today and took the stove apart, and said "well, yeah, it's good and broken, so I'll tell the landlord's home warranty company that and they'll get back to me about whether to order a bunch of parts and fix it or just bring y'all a new one." Well, actually what he said was "go away kitty, GIT, I do not understand this he's acting like a dog usually cats leave me alon--wait, DID YOU PAINT HIS CLAWS" and THEN the stuff about the stove after I pulled Skeeter off his leg. Dammit, Skeeter!
Figure One: In this house, when you misbehave you get the bright red Soft Paws and the kids call you "Ladykitty." He should thank his lucky stars the glittery pink ones were a dollar more!
* So yeah, it's been a day of wall-to-wall "dammit" around here. How are all of YOU?