* No-penis November. I'm not gonna lie, there was some backsliding on my part there. Even without factoring that in it's kind of a failure, because Hotter seems pleased with the whole "sex once or twice a month" plan, and has neither gotten a job nor picked up his pace around the house. As far as the job-thing, he isn't even looking. So far he applied for one job (that I found and pointed out to him), didn't get it, and is preparing to apply for another (that I found and lined up for him, to the point where if he passes the pre-employment personality screening thingy and can find/replace his GOT-DAMN birth certificate, the job is his). Three weeks. One application. And that's with me riding his ass! The general lack of fucks given so far this month, literally and figuratively, is NOT MAKING ME VERY HAPPY.
* The prodigal stepson escaped from prison and is still at large! Nobody knows how it happened! He's MAGIC. Apparently the authorities were transporting him from one facility to another, and he was secure, but then WHOOPSIE, where'd he go? Nobody knows! We only found this out because I got a missed call via the facespace from Lefty and was like "hey, when did he get out of the pokey?" and Hotter was like "he's still in there" and I was all "no, I don't think so, or else maybe he got hacked?" A call to The Wrath revealed that everyone's favorite MFA In-and-outlaw is on the lam.
* Work: of course I can't talk about it, but I'm pretty butthurt about some work crap, and feel misled and undervalued, which given that prior to yesterday I felt like work was the one thing going WELL in my life (in that I don't call in sick, show up in impeccable uniform, and generally try to support the company's mission and embody its values, so I thought I was at least considered a good employee) isn't doing my mental state any favors.
* The Man is letting me down. He's failing at providing the advance notice of repairs that the lease guarantees us, and as a result I had to say no to someone coming to the house last week on three hours' notice, because I was home sick and In No Mood. This morning he texted me that the sketchy-ass, unlicensed, fly-by-night handyman the owners insist on using would be contacting me directly to set up repairs. NO. DO NOT GIVE OUT MY NUMBER. I DON'T USE MY PHONE FOR THAT KIND OF THING ANYWAY, PLUS THAT IS YOUR JOB, SIR. I texted back "no thank you, just give us 24 hours' notice and we'll make it work."
* Middle Child's replacement violin arrived Friday, and he was really happy. Then Saturday my ex e-mailed me about something unrelated and, two e-mails into the thread, mentioned that Middly had broken his finger (it's an Away Weekend). NOOOOOOOO! I am so upset about this. Poor Middly. Also, god damn it, ex, get it together! The one time one of the children got broken during MY custodial time (which actually it happened at school) I let him know right away. Ass!
* TL;DR - November might be a wash, except that Thanksgiving is coming, and in this house you do not FUCK with the TURKEY. So I'm going to try and happy my arse up. Pointers and funny animal memes welcome.