* Our AC is still broken; today a technician came and looked at it and was like "yep, it's broken," but he couldn't tell exactly how without some additional equipment so MFA Landlord and/or the home warranty company has to reschedule. I'm not holding my breath on that but hopefully it happens soon because the temperature is going to be in the triple digits here this week.
* Hotter has finished his antibiotics, and seems to be back to his pre-pneumonia baseline, if not a little better (he hasn't had any psychomotor/temporal lobe whatever-the-fucks since being home), and I've been enjoying his company.
* Middle Child recently had a birthday, and as part of the festivities I took him to a churrascaria place in town (Middly is a "meats over sweets" kind of guy, so it was right up his alley). Unfortunately I was in the middle of a bout of steroid-induced gastritis at the time, and paid dearly for it later that night, but Middly really enjoyed his special day. It's nice to be in a place financially where I can treat the kids on their birthdays, and also procure some Nexium and aloe juice for myself.
* Work lately has been...rather more interesting than I would care for, ideally. I get the impression that positive change is in the works, though, so that's good (I know, that is REALLY vague, but since our Corporate Overlords are occasional readers and so is local Management I'm not going into any further detail). Eclecstasy recently handed out an employee satisfaction-type survey-thingy, to be tallied by an outside firm, and I like to think that our answers will help improve things for those of us who work there as well as our customers (per gossip some folks are treating the survey as their own personal Burn Book, The Workplace Edition, which...well, it may be therapeutic for them but I don't know how productive that will be; I tried to be more objective and give constructive feedback). Restaurants are, at best, an atmosphere of organized chaos (and at worst a total shitshow), and I'm a realist. Even on its shitshow days, Eclecstasy is a better work environment than any other restaurant I've worked for, and 90% of the time it's better money, too, so I'm not as fussed by the occasional hiccup as some of my younger and more idealistic co-workers.
* One of my children (I am being vague here, too, for the sake of their privacy) screwed up majorly a couple of weeks ago (as in, raised their hand in violence against another member of the family, plus said some really hateful and outrageous things), and is grounded, likely for the rest of the summer. Which sucks for the grown-ups in the house, because we have a bored and surly kid doing their best to avoid doing any chores by feigning total incompetence (if you are an honor-roll student, I think you have the mental acuity necessary to do dishes, shovel shit, use a Philips-head screwdriver to complete simple household repairs, and operate a broom and dustpan, but one particular fruit of my loins is doing his best to assert otherwise through a lot of ineffective flailing and whining).
* Mama Cat has proven herself capable of finding her way home if permitted to leave Squatter Workshop, and so we've been letting her roam at will. She likes to hang out in the garden, eat local wildlife, and sun herself on the well-cap. The LBCs (Little Black Cats--the two kittens aren't very tame and are therefore impossible to tell apart since the only difference is gender, so they get a collective name) are too bite-sized still to wander, and are therefore staying inside until they have grown and been neutered and had all of their shots.
* I am finally off the damn steroids, and my lungs are doing okay. YAY! Unfortunately I am dealing with some back pain, hip pain, and general blahs as my body adjusts, which is no fun (plus the afore-mentioned GI stuff). I'm assuming that it's like water finding its mark after some jerk does a cannonball, and ignoring it accordingly, but I'm not very entertaining in the meantime.
* How are all of YOU?