So. The Situation. No news is no news. I had already predicted that my doctor would be displeased with the combination of "mass" and "significant family history of cancer in area of mass" and send me to a specialist, and that is exactly what happened. I see a surgeon on the 16th, and before you go to tell me that it's great they were comfortable with waiting that long it's not, really. That's just the soonest I am not scheduled to work a double shift, and I can't miss any work before then or we're going to get evicted and/or the power will get shut off. If I'm going to drop dead I'd prefer to do so indoors, with climate control (I'm not planning on dropping dead any time soon, although part of me thinks it's dumb to even pursue further evaluation because I can't miss any work and if this IS the worst case scenario can't afford treatment; I'm pretty bitter and pissed at life at the moment, for the benefit of any readers not in possession of a firm grasp of the obvious) (yes, I'll fucking go anyway).
If we're looking for good news I suppose there's this: apparently the fact that the mass is "mobile" is a hopeful sign. According to my doctor the cancerous ones tend to anchor themselves in place pretty quickly, so while it's no guarantee, most likely this is either benign or in a very early stage (proximal lymphnodes are unremarkable). So hopefully this will JUST be financially ruinous and add another scar to the collection that have cumulatively ruined my chances at stripping my way to financial solvency.
And that is all that we will say about The Situation until the 16th.