* My ankle is still jacked up. It's better than it WAS--the steroids definitely helped!--but it's still painful and I kind of wonder if maybe it's arthritis?
* We've had some monster storms here lately; I was going to plant some beans today but the entire yard is a "sharsh" (think marsh but with a septic tank involved). I think this hurricane season is going to be a real bear. Today I bought one of these, because priorities:
* Animals! Our utility beasts are getting on my nerves. The big chickens are laying erratically, the little chickens are not quite big enough to live outside but TOO DAMN BIG to stay in the house much longer, I need to find a time when the kids aren't home to process Iden, and one of the little bunnies peed on me! The pet-beasts at least are comporting themselves fairly well FOR THE MOMENT. Skeeter in particular has been very sweet of late.
* We're having some staffing shake-ups at work. I am not a fan but am hopeful that the changes will lead to better days ahead!
* Hotter is going through a period of intense grumpiness and aggravation with the boys. I'm not really downing him, as they can be supremely annoying, but I wish everybody could get along better and am already worrying about the summer!
* The MFA Minivan is rife with electrical issues, and the latest one is that it thinks there's a door open ALL THE TIME except there's not. If it was just the little light-thingy in the dash that would be okay, but it's also the "ding, ding, ding, ding!" alllll the fucking way to work and back. *sigh*
* As if the bum ankle wasn't making me feel old enough, I now have a TEENAGER and the blister on my pinkie from taking the thirteenth-birthday cake out of the oven to prove it. Oy!
Disclosure: That-there link above is an affiliate one, which means that if you buy the charger-thingy through it, I get a nickel or something. I LIKE NICKELS!