* The two older MFA Children made the honor roll again.
* The XY tried to kidnap Little Child from school today and I had to leave work and call 911 and go to the school and say that no, he did NOT have my permission to do that! This was for an endocrinology appointment I learned about three days ago and told the XY we'd have to reschedule. He said "no, Monday works for me so I'm taking him without you and you can't stop me!" Except I did, and rescheduled the appointment for a day when I'll be off work and able to be there, and more importantly, Little Child won't miss a class party he was looking forward to. I just wish I could've managed it without leaving work for an hour and a half...
* Speaking of work, and hours, I am now working in three different departments, none of which contain The Bastard. That part is GLORIOUS! The eighty-hour weeks, not so much. I miss my kids. Unfortunately, the XY seems determined to go back to court, and I have to raise a retainer. "But MFA Mama," you say, "wouldn't it be better for the boys to have you home more? Or if you spent that money on a family vacation?" Yes, of course it would! But this is not about them, it's about The XY and his feeeeelings.
* The new MFA Minivan is growing on me, mostly because van naps between doubles are a thing again.
* One of the new departments I've been working in rhymes with "chalet" and involves things that go vroom. I mentioned to Hotter the other day that I'm the only non-dude in the department, and he said he wasn't surprised. I asked why that was and he said "even if they DID know how to drive a stick, how many women do you know who haven't had a moving violation in the last thirty-six months?" I took a breath to bawl him out and then realized none of my brick-and-mortar female friends would qualify. So I need better friends, or else a better husband, or possibly both.
* Man, cars have just gotten RIDICULOUS. Why didn't y'all tell me they don't have keys anymore? Or Park, on the gear shift (it's a button on most new high-end vehicles now). Hell, the other day I went to retrieve someone's new BMW and sat there for a good thirty seconds trying to find a gear-shift of some kind. There wasn't a clutch, so I knew it was automatic, but how to shift gears? There was nothing sticking out of the steering column except the turn signal/wiper thingy. Finally I spotted a goddamn LED wheel on the dash with D, 1, 2, and R on it; it looked like it ought to belong to the stereo but was, in fact, what one used to switch gears. THE FUCK. Oh, rich people, you so crazy!
* How are all of you?
Sent from The Precious