* Cars, y'all. Cars are so cool these days! In the past week I've driven cars with holographic speedometers that appear all ghostly-like hovering over the hood, hybrids that make no noise at all (with the first one I thought it just wouldn't start and was wondering how I'd break it to the owner of the brand-new Lexus that it had died in our garage! Then I realized it was electric, haha), and great big trucks with stick-shifts, to the glee of their great big male owners. I drove a BMW that had a "tight squeeze parking feature" where the car pulls in its mirrors, and Escalades that lower their running boards for you like obedient camels kneeling to be mounted. I didn't get to drive a Tesla yet, but I saw one, and did you know they only have external door-handles when the keyholder is near?!? Otherwise they retract them, all aloof.
* I had a sit-down with The Big Boss of The Ritz to go over some concerns of mine, primarily relating to food safety. Guess who's got two thumbs and got roped into putting together a fifteen-minute presentation on Protecting The Gluten-free Diner? Yeeeeah.
* For reasons I obviously cannot go into, we recently had the Secret Service in-house, complete with bomb-sniffing dogs, and now I want a Dutch Shepherd. Gorgeous dogs! Like an Alsatian but more compact, and many of them are a lovely brindle.
* I miss my kids, and Hotter, and sleep. But the bills are all caught up from Carmageddon '14, and when I get my next paycheck I'll be able to start saving up for legal fees in the event The XY actually does sue me for real with non-imaginary lawyers. Sigh.
* The chickens are laying again, but the rabbits have gone through menopause and I think Bravo Hive is dead :(
* I'm kind of tired, and sad, and sore (Valet this morning was six hours of solid running). Tell me something good.
Sent from The Precious