* Work: some extremely minor bullshit, and people (as a whole) continue to suck on an "irritating for ten minutes" level, but all in all I enjoy it. Lately I've been trying to pick up one shift per week in another department (there are two outside of my own where I've been permitted to moonlight) because we have been hemorrhaging money (car insurance! Kitten! Hotter's eyes! My mouthguard!).
* Animals: I think both female rabbits have recently done that "get pregnant but re-absorb the fetuses" thing that some animals can do, which: GROSS. The chickens are still not laying (BOO!). The dog continues to adoptively breastfeed the cat, which continues to amuse the resident bipeds. The bird and the lizard continue to mind their own fucking business (they are my favorites).
* My body is a wonderland: Yeahhhh I have definitely reinjured my back. Hello disc pain, you whore. My knee went out again last week as well, and today I got my clog stuck in the door of a service elevator and tripped in such a way as to twist the be-bunioned part of my foot rather sickeningly. I AM OLD AND IT SUCKS.
* Children: All the under-eighteens succeeding at school, devastatingly handsome, and all-around good kids (if all-around good kid means "prone to occasionally leaving the gate open so that the dog can ingest enough clumping litter to crap a cinderblock foundation"). The over-eighteen stepkid is getting out of prison sometime in the next few weeks (we think?), and I anticipate him getting shot, ODing, and/or crashing my MIL's car (AGAIN) within a week. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! MERRRRRY CHRISTMAS! Ho, ho, ho.
* Hotter: Much less prone to fits of dickheadedness of late than he was for a while there! I think part of this is due to our having the money for creature comforts like good coffee, part of it is due to his looking forward to the impending cataract surgery and improved vision, and part of it is due to my working so much that he's just happy to see me when he gets the chance. Also, that one issue that had been festering for years is fully resolved and he did, in fact, stop beating the dead horse. Phew.
* MFA Mama: Feeling kind of tired and bewildered in general. Sick of being in constant pain. Both grateful for where we are right now financially and terrified that something will come along and eff it up. Really bummed my back won't permit me to start a winter garden this year. And damn-near homicidal over the mouthguard--I found a shard of mutilated plastic that looks like it may potentially have at one point been a $500 custom nightguard and ALL of the animals (except the bird and the lizard) are on my shitlist.
How are all of YOU?