* Work is going MUCH better. The Offender, in addition to being, well, offensive in a scary, predatory, show-HR-on-the-doll-where-he-touched-you kind of way, sucked at his job and was lazy and surly to boot. Without his former position being filled there is more work, but things still seem to go a lot more smoothly and morale is higher. Also, I had rather lost my faith in the goodness of The Ritz as a company based on their seeming failure to handle the situation for a bit there, but it turns out that was a lack of Middle Management passing things up the chain and not indifference on the part of the company itself. Following their swift and effective handling of The Situation after I took it up the chain my own self last week I am back to loving the hell out of not just my job and paychecks but also the company itself. MFA Mama + The Ritz = TRUE <3
* Speaking of pink puffy hearts, the kitten has settled in nicely. By which I mean he does as he damnwellpleases and has made excellent progress in training his human subjects. His new routine is to spend the hours between the children getting home from school and their bedtime napping in my closet (I kind of envy him that sometimes, haha), then emerge and alternate between pettings from Hotter and me and crazed ricocheting through the house. Before bed we've fallen into a nightly ritual wherein he perches on my shoulder while I fill a glass with water and take my pills, then dump it out and refill it for him to have a "fresh" drink out of.
* Mint.com amused me greatly this morning by sending me a LOW CHECKING BALANCE ALERT OMG e-mail. Said low balance? Was over $200. Oh, Mint.com, how soon you forget just HOW DAMN POOR we were a few short months ago! Things are currently a little tight (by the new standards) due to back-to-back kitten purchase and six months' car insurance paying, but we have milk and bread and coffee and enough gas for me to get to and from work, so no one is really complaining. Except Mint.com.
* Our hens are moulting in spectacular fashion (THEY HAVE BALD PATCHES!) and haven't laid in a couple of weeks, and I am starting to think that Their Time Has Come. I am admittedly a bit loathe to Do The Deed because a) I hate butchering chickens, they smell AWFUL and b) I've grown rather fond of these four sassy old hens. The jury is still out on whether I have gone soft...probably whether Isis runs out of meat before I get paid next will have a large part in determining the hens' fate.
* Life continues to be full of the small daily aggravations, like the nail in the (NEW--couldn't be in one of the two OLD ones, ohHO no!) tire in the spot that can't be plugged (it's currently holding steady but does in fact go all the way through, as I learned when I gave it a tentative tug and heard the hiss of air escaping), and the hair (mine) that needs cutting (when it's long enough to be in my arse-crack after a shower I consider it TOO LONG), but they are aggravations and not Last Straws. I think my back and my knee are almost ready for me to return to the gym. So all in all things here are pretty good. How are all of YOU?