* The customer who wore the "Joe Malone" I was wondering about came back today! I asked her which scent it was (since you wise innernets said that yes, Jo Malone was A Thing and I Googled and it turns out they have Many Different Fragrances) and she said it was most likely the Orange Blossom, although she also wears the Blackberry & Bay sometimes and they're both "quite lovely." An e-mail to the fine folks at Jo Malone revealed that it was most likely the Orange Blossom, as that is one of two fragrances they make that has Lily of The Valley in, and while there are samples for the asking at various department stores, I hate those things like poison and there are ALSO samples for sale on the eBay. So I'm hot on the trail of the fragrance that I so loved! I've been looking for a perfume I can stand to wear for ages, and I think this may be it. VERY EXCITING!
* We have a group coming in at work next week that is certain to try my nerves. Those of you who are friends of mine on The Facespace know what kind of group I mean. I am preemptively terrified!
* Speaking of my nerves, I just realized today that the various Feelings, Comma, Excessive, that I've been having have Gone Away, and I no longer have to count and/or touch things a certain number of times to feel okay about life. Three cheers for my being back on the Pristiq! Three cheers for The Ritz, which allows me to afford same!
* Here is where I fell asleep mid-writing last night, rather early, and since then I have spent several hours on the bathroom floor in a cold sweat having chills and...other symptoms. That started around 3 a.m., and I stayed up and went to work anyway, but had to leave early. Management was very decent about the whole thing, dosing me with Angostura Bitters in ginger ale until that was no longer enough to keep me upright then being kind about my having to leave. I really do love my job, y'all! I am currently ensconced in my bed, bundled in quilts, with Isis lying next to me grumbling because I won't let her have any of the crystallized ginger I'm nibbling on (that stuff works wonders for nausea, in my experience). She's never had any before, but seems certain that pitbulls adore it.
* A dear friend-inside-the-computer is going through something utterly vile, unfair, fucked-up, and awful. "I may as well be standing on a bare mountain top wearing wet copper armour and shrieking 'All gods are bastards!'" she lamented on the facespace chat, and if I believed in gods of any sort I'd be inclined to call that a true statement. I wish there was something that I or any of us could do for her, but there's not, and I imagine her poor husband is feeling exponentially more that way, as well as suffering alongside her in all of this while trying to care for her, and damn, the universe is an asshole for this one.