* Work is beating the everloving shit out of me at the moment. Nothing is wrong, we're just extraordinarily busy. To wit: the group we currently have in-house tips about 40% what the average customer does (due to a combination of factors, chiefly age), and today I still made about three times what I usually do on a busy day. The Ritz has neither the staff nor the seating to accommodate a group of this size, sheer voracity (seriously, they eat and eat and EAT, and then they have coffee and dessert and EAT SOME MORE), and stark emotional neediness (they're a lonely and loquacious bunch, whose desire for instantaneous service is outstripped only just BARELY by their desire to TALK YOUR EAR OFF). And tomorrow I'm working a double, lucky me!
* All sarcasm aside, this will be a fantastic week for the old income, which is good since Hotter has, at my urging, rescheduled his eye surgery for the latter half of the month after next, and it's time to start saving for that.
* Paul Bunion is growing in size and severity, and I may not be able to wait three weeks until I see my GP to get him at least looked at. I should probably schedule an appointment with a foot and ankle specialist ASAP, but between my upcoming appointment for a physical, the Fall Dental-pa-looza, Hotter's next appointment with Transplant Clinic, I've already got plenty of time-off requests in. Management hasn't complained, but I'd still prefer to space the appointments out a little more.
* I've been having lots of dreams about the house and yard where I grew up, The Narcissist, and my Only Living Relative recently. Not sure why, but I could do with less of that!
* As a result of doing a TON of very necessary work-related hand-washing six days per week, an inch-and-a-half-long section of skin on the outside of my right index finger has dried, cracked, crumbled, and peeled, and today I tried a "liquid bandage." HOLY FUCKING OUCH, Y'ALL! I think I paid eight bucks for a bottle of clear nail polish and maybe some cancer down the line a ways. AVOID!
* How are all of YOU?