* This morning I spent eighty minutes trapped in the exam room of a pediatric endocrinologist with my ex-husband and a very bored Little Child. The XY finally made that appointment to have Little Child's growth evaluated, and I wanted to make sure he didn't try to railroad the doctor into skipping any steps in the evaluation (you might think that's paranoid of me, but you haven't seen the XY in action--when he runs out of his ADD meds I've watched him convince doctors who have never met him to prescribe them without even seeing medical records, which is supposed to be impossible because they're amphetamines, but he's REALLY CHARMING and VERY PERSUASIVE and DOES NOT HANDLE "NO" WELL AT ALL and nine times out of ten he gets his way), give the wrong kid's medical history, or lie about anything to try and get Little Child on growth hormones. It turns out he tried to do all three of those things, so it's a good thing I went, but good LORD I hate that motherfucker! I forgot how he puts me down and attempts to discredit me in public. This is the first time he's had the chance to do it without a cop or a judge present (he won't do it in front of Hotter, either, because he still has that "must be liked" thing going on with Hotter and doesn't WANT anything from Hotter, and I just refuse to be alone with him) since the divorce, and I set a new precedent of pausing the conversation, turning to him with a confused expression, and asking him what on Earth he's talking about then pointing out how inappropriate it is for him to correct me on, say, my own medical history. This embarrassed him (and that is about the worst thing you can do to the XY, embarrass him IN FRONT OF SOMEONE) enough that he shut his fool hole, but I got an earful as soon as all medical providers left the room again, in front of Little Child. That sucked. Did I mention I hate the XY? Okay then. The long and short (no pun intended) of it is that the doctor feels like something MAY be up with Little Child's growth, and took blood for labwork and a bone-age x-ray today, and we'll follow up in five months to see how Little Child is growing according to the same equipment to rule out human error/equipment differences, and go from there. By that time school will be back in session, and Hotter plans to come along for backup, and hopefully I'll be doing well enough at the new job to afford a lawyer if I need one, because at that point if the XY wants to try and force growth hormones on Little Child for non medically-necessary reasons we will end up back in court over it.
* So this morning was just a real mood-ruiner for me, and the cherry on top is that the hospital where the endocrinologist's office was located is in the neighborhood where I grew up, which I avoid going near if at all possible. The XY knows that, and there ARE other office locations (I checked online), so fuck him, again, some more, because I think he was hoping I would chicken out of going along (typically if he is willing to take one of the children to the doctor I just remove myself from he equation to avoid unpleasantness, but this is the first specialist appointment he's been willing to cover and he knew I wanted to be present). I am kind of a mess now, honestly, from the residual feelings brought up by the recent drama with The Narcissist, her family doing a drive-by on my blog, and that bullshit obituary, and the last thing I really needed was to spend eighty minutes in a room with ANOTHER narcissist in the neighborhood of my hellish childhood. As soon as I finish catching up on my work for Temp Agency #2 I plan to hit the fitness machines at the YMCA with my guided meditations playlist and try to exercise (spelling and, therefore, pun INTENDED) my demons.
* Why do things I want always have to go on clearance when I'm broke? That is a fucking fantastic price on a vented beesuit, but by the time I get paid by The New Job and catch our bills up I'm sure they'll all be gone.
* I have a few other things I would like to complain about, too, but need to get back to work and would probably feel like a whiner after I've gotten my head straight again.
* I really need to get my head straight, because I have orienation tomorrow at The New Job and want to be my most fabulous self for that.
* How are all of YOU?