* From what I could tell, the second interview this morning went well. They're going to run a criminal background check and talk to my references, and make a decision hopefully by the end of this week. A friend has shared that in her experience this usually means the job is yours unless you are a felon, and since I am not a felon I am cautiously optimistic.
* I have not made a final decision re: Pristiq vs. Effexor yet. My online research has revealed that Pristiq has the same active ingredient as Effexor, but Effexor contains some other additional "stuff" (possibly inert ingredients?) that seems to heighten the incidence of side effects. Hotter spoke to his mother yesterday and apparently asked her to help us out with this, which I have...let's go with "mixed feelings"...about since I don't know that she can afford to do that. Either way I really don't want to pay as much out of pocket as Pristiq costs, particularly when we need that money so badly for other bills. I have reached out to Anthem to see what my options are for short-term individual coverage in the meantime; if their website is to be believed that may cost about the same as a one-month supply of Pristiq would out of pocket, in which case obviously acquiring health insurance would be the way to go with this and also take care of most of the cost of the prescription. If not then I'm back to making a tough call. Feel free to weigh on on Pristiq vs. Effexor in the interim if you have any experience with either drug and/or switching between the two.
* Thank you for your kind words, both here and on the facespace/via e-mail, about The Narcissist's passing, and I'm sorry to hear that so many of you also have a narcissist in your family tree.
* As part of my duties for Temp Agency #2, I recently helped a client make restaurant reservations and came across this place's website in the process. The image of the roasted bird (it looks kind of small for a chicken; I'm thinking that if they're serving it this way it's most likely a Cornish game hen) on the front page has been haunting me ever since. WHY ARE THE FEET STILL ATTACHED? I don't see how this sight on their plate would enhance anyone's dining experience, and more importantly THEY SCRATCH IN POO WITH THOSE THINGS. Gahhh!
* I am now within five pounds of my goal weight, which is exciting. I woke up yesterday to find my scale broken (nobody will fess up, naturally) and was seriously bummed as I am looking forward to seeing confirmation of having finally reached my goal, but it still works for weight, just not bodyfat and water percentages. That's fine with me; I don't use the other functions much anyway (I kind of doubt they're very accurate).
* How are all of YOU? I am super-busy working for Temp Agency #2 as much as I am able to in an effort to keep us afloat over here. I hope your Monday is going well.
ETA: Oh my gentle Jesus, y'all. If you think that I am a big lying scammer who lies on the innernet and scams people for bad fun and profit, please do us both a favor and do not e-mail me offering to help me in any way. Just...yeah. Please don't do that. I now have someone who I thought was a friend accusing me of of either being the unluckiest person alive or having a "huge imagination," based largely on their assertion that pre-existing condition rules have changed and there is no longer a 60-day rule. I was basing my knowledge of pre-existing condition rules in the health insurance industry on information I got from Anthem the last time I shopped for individual coverage with them during The Great Health Insurance Clusterfuck of '11, referenced here and in numerous other posts from the same time period. Apparently (maybe? I don't know but I have already e-mailed Anthem to ask for some quotes and will definitely ask whoever I speak with when someone gets back to me on that) that rule is no longer in effect. I don't know. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, so please don't base any health insurance decisions of your own on anything I've said on here or decide based on my ignorance of health insurance laws that I'm full of it. Or go ahead, if that's your thing, hell, I don't even know what to say. Also, please don't base your understanding of how Pristiq works on what I have shared here. I'm aware it's not supposed to even start to wear off within one day. I've said as much. Pristiq (apparently, according to one of the several scathing e-mails I have received over the past twenty-four hours from the same party) is not a treatment for OCD. I have never been diagnosed with OCD, which is why I used the phrase "OCD tendencies." My treating physician has theorized that they may be a way that I manifest anxiety, and Pristiq does treat that, so maybe that is why it works for me? I don't know. Your mileage may vary. This message may self-destruct.
ETA (again): Well okay nevermind, I think the person I mentioned above is just afflicted with their very own dose of The Crazy. Because now they're going off on me for things like my non-belief in a higher power, which...I don't even know what to do with that. Oh, and also claiming that the standardized tests in my state have not been graded and there is no such award as the one I mentioned Big Child receiving. Which good grief, I didn't mention the name of the award because I AM PSEUDONYMOUS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, and yes, actually those tests HAVE been graded (and I sent them a link to an article about the preliminary results). I'm not going to waste any more time that would better be spent working for Temp Agency #2 on this nut-job, and have set gmail to direct any further craziness from them straight to the trash without even showing it to me. Carry on.