* I found a coupon for a free oil change and tire rotation, both of which the MFA Beater was sorely overdue for, and took it to a local garage and had that done. Didn't cost me a cent! I thought I'd have them at least diagnose the Beater's current issues, but the place had a $99 diagnostic fee to even look at it. I, however, had a low-cut top on and managed to get out of the guy at the register that there's a fairly easy and straightforward way to test whether one's plug-wires are bad (that is what we suspect the issue may be) without paying $99 to find out. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME, THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES!
* Tomorrow I've got a temp gig through Temp Agency #1 for four and a half hours that seems fairly straightforward. It's only tomorrow and next Saturday, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
* I weighed myself and have lost five pounds. While I do not recommend the stress and poverty diet, you can't argue with results, and I am still thirteen pounds above my goal weight so am hardly wasting away.
* The garden is really starting to take off! I'm anticipating a bumper crop of strawberries this year, and the spinach looks really good, and the squash seeds I saved from an organic butternut have sprouted.
* I saved the best for last! Thanks to the kindness of a well-connected reader we'll refer to as The Pristiq Fairy, I don't have to worry about missing any doses of the magic pill that keeps me from becoming a total basketcase any time soon. That is a HUGE weight off my mind! I mean, I'm still pretty damn situationally depressed at the moment, but it could be SO MUCH WORSE and I am so very thankful that my husband and children don't have to watch me fall apart the way I do if I miss even one dose of Pristiq (which is the most I've ever missed since starting the stuff six years ago--I'd hate to think what I'd be like after, say, a week).