* The hens are laying again, all four of them! Hooray!
* Iden the carnivorous killer-rabbit continues to be vicious and misanthropic. She also, however, gave birth to a litter of six the night before I'd planned to butcher her, so she gets a pass for at least six weeks. DAMMIT. After that she goes, though. She's just terribly vicious and untameable (I tried to befriend her once again, with romaine leaves and apple slices, but the moment I went to pet her the way the other rabbits like to be petted, she went for me).
* Bumpus is doing much better in general than he has in ages, but he still goes into frenzied paroxysms of noise when the middle school bus is due to deliver his lord and master home. Clementine disapproves of this, and does pushups of reptilian fury. Hotter and I decided that this indicates she is a higher form of life than Bumpus, but then so, in our estimation, are certain species of blue-green algae.
* Hotter divides the animal kingdom into two main groups "Things that like to be pet [sic]" and things that do NOT "like to be pet [I have given up correcting his English; it's become a running joke in our house to say this phrase incorrectly]. The day we got Isis, Hotter looked up at me in ecstasy and exclaimed "she likes to be PET!" (the cockatiel SOMETIMES likes to be pet, but not enough to fill the animal-hole in Hotter's heart). Hotter has decided that Clementine likes to be pet. I'm not sure if Clementine agrees, but she at least tolerates it. Iden? DOES NOT MOTHERFUCKING LIKE TO BE PET. The jury is still out on the disabled vulture at the local zoo who stole my heart a couple of years ago. I have a fantasy menagerie, you see, of various creatures I have fallen in love with and requested that Hotter find and bring to me at various times. It includes a domesticated fox, the vulture, eyebrow cat, and various others. I really do think that vulture would like to be pet.
* And how are all of YOU? My enter key is broken, but otherwise I'm okay. Please excuse any horrible spacing. The spacebar is a sad substitute, but I simply cannot bring myself to deal with all of India over the phone on such a beautiful day. Oh, Dell :(