* It's cold and effing dreary here, and my mood matches the weather. I also think my Cold Of Filth may be sinking into my chest.
* Hotter and I have called a truce. I think. I'm going to start setting aside a certain amount each month for him to spend at his discretion, and we're going to create a Special Savings Account for in-law emergencies, and he's going to take off his judgy pants and I'm going to burn them. I think we both said things we didn't mean, or at least I hope so, because otherwise he's an asshole and I'm a damn idiot.
* At one point during the...let's say, "hostilities," he threatened to "take this to the innernet." What that meant, exactly, he did not elaborate, but considering that at least one member of Stalky's crew would probably give him actual Pee In Vee Sex for any gossip on me whatsoever circa more-recent-than-2007 it was a sobering moment. I responded by blocking him on the Twitter, largely because I could, and don't intend to lift the block. Not because I plan to use Twitter to bitch about him in the future so much as because Twitter is a free-speech zone for me. Stalky can't read there, people I work with can't read there, and people who have threatened to sling mud on the innernet can't read there. I don't think he checked it that often anyway, but like that time I changed all of my passwords, he's shown me something I plan to stay cognizant of even in (hopefully) better days.
* Work last night was unmitigated bullshit, and not even because of co-workers for a change. So that was...interesting.
* Last night I drank some wine. Bad for the health and the waistline, but I needed to be put down like a melting-down toddler and that was the most expedient way to do it. Things feel slightly less desperate today, but only VERY slightly.
* I think the Dietbet may actually turn into a cliffhanger. Oy.
* I am knitting a scarf that will never be much use, because the needles I needed to do it properly came out of the package cracked. I almost cried real tears over that, but decided that it was better to keep my hands busy doing something besides unraveling my cuticles while this round of "Jail Or Rehab, With Possibility Of Wild Card Involving Death" plays out. Yes, I'm talking about it on the blog now. I was never forbidden from doing so, but chose not to because a) the person involved was a minor when it first became an issue, b) it's "not my story," and c) Stalky. No one is a minor anymore, however, and if it nearly ends my marriage it's at least partly my story (Stalky can just grab the lube, lie back, and go to town I guess): someone in Hotter's family is a junkie, and that is a problem.
* I have hatred, actual hatred, for a beast down at Squatter Workshop. Said creature has drawn blood from me numerous times, and is just Not A Nice Animal. Because I can, I am considering Slaughter For Personality Reasons, but this makes me uncomfortable. The beast in question is fat and tasty, and we've eaten many of its' offspring, and there are sound animal-husbandry-related reasons for slaughtering it also, but...somehow I am uneasy with killing something even in part because I Just Don't Like It. Hmm.
* How are all of YOU?