* It's not enough for Hotter, who I think has started to see me as a walking dollar sign, with the balance on my forehead dipping disgustingly every time I selfishly buy something that is just for me either because no one else wants it, or because I keep it for my own. I do this for myself occasionally, get me a little treat to make life temporarily enjoyable, and I feel like it's allowed. Thank goodness I've reached a point of not letting someone else's disapproval ruin the scant few pleasures in my existence, because it sucks more than usual right now.
* I think I had invested too much of myself in my marriage. I guess I was guilty of something I rarely hesitate to poke fun at in others: I started to see Hotter's and my love as somehow greater than what most people shared with another human being, as A Wonderful Story, as something timeless and epic and lots of other Lifetime Movie Channel buzzwords (do you kids still have that channel?). It's not. It's really a very ordinary cleaving together of everyday losers.It's like a pair of work-pants you buy at Goodwill; it serves the purpose but nobody envies you over it. And that's fine. So what if it wasn't such a hot bargain; I have it now and it gets the job done, and at the end of the day I'll wash it and wear it again. Whatever.
* Food, y'all, I just don't even know. My eczema is flaring and I'm itchy quite often. Honestly I could use a go-round with a competent allergist, but failing the time and money for such a thing, I think I'll have to try going off dairy. Which: noooooo. But hey, I bet I'll lose even MORE weight!
* Work is still wall-to-wall bullshit. I, however, have ceased to care. I am one of the Little People, and things change very little for us even if there's a shakeup at the top of the food-chain. I have adopted a few lines of Virginia Woolf's Professions For Women as my personal motto at work and in general of late, those having to do with The Angel in The House. Yesterday I got a raise, so I think it's working (yeahhhhh suck it, all of you who still sell your souls for LESS than a $0.20/hr increase!).
* I really, really, REALLY want another tattoo. But of course it'll have to wait. Which means that I'll be really, really sure when the time comes, so that's all to the good.
* How are all of YOU? In case you couldn't tell I am desperately unhappy at the moment, but I'm sure it will pass. ONWARD!