- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) coconut oil (I started using coconut oil because Little Child was allergic to the dairy protein molecule as a grub and still use it in a lot of baked goods because of the excellent flavor and texture it gives them)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup very mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- up to 1/2 cup nuts, if you want (I skipped it, because times is tight)
Blend all dry ingredients except sugar.
Cream coconut oil, sugar, and agave nectar together with lemon zest, then add the dry mix, then the eggs, mixing as you go.
Figure One: I finally cracked (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?) and bought eggs, since my hens are really milking this molt for all it's worth. Guess which egg came from the store? And that's an Eggland's Best cage-free one on the right, not even store-brand or anything. Slack-arse chickens!
Put liners in a cupcake tin, and spray each one with nonstick spray for easy removal. Glop full of mixture; it will make an even dozen (don't be scared to make the liners pretty full--this doesn't puff up QUITE as much as wheat muffins).
I baked these at 375 for 23 minutes, and it was a hair too much, so I'd say 20 minutes give or take, and since Hotter can eat anydamnthing he wants (not that I'm bitter) and was bartering sex acts for muffins, I'd say they were pretty good :)