* In the days leading up to the Relevant Expert Consultation, Hotter and I have been whooping it up a little. I don't know how many of you were following his plight via my timeline on the Twitter, but I got him his damn Windows 7. It was a lot of late nights helping pamper and clean after OTHER families and overtime, and I could've addressed some more pressing moneysinks but YOLO. Of course our spotty innernet went down as he was installing it and then he was all "this is worse than when the Hebrews had to make bricks without straw" or somesuch and the flames that shot out of my eyes burned dinner. I was really peeved about that too, because I've been cooking some really amazing meals lately.
* I got lazy and left these baby cabbages in their six-pack FOREVER after planting ONE in a container and that ONE is huge and I planted the sorry stragglers today. I bought a four-pack of Brussels Sprouts when I bought those cabbage plants and planted all four, and those things are huge despite one of them being mangled by a lawnmower.
* The chickens at Squatter Workshop are molting. Which means they're not LAYING much, as they have no doubt ascertained that hatcheries will not ship chicks after a certain time of year. Hmph. The rabbits, for their part, are eating their fool heads off and our buck got too fat to, ahem, be fruitful for a minute there. We're not sure if he's managed to impregnate anybunny after a slimming diet quite yet or not. Stay tuned!
* I've also been trying to distract myself by reading. Have any of you read Tiffany Reisz's The Original Sinners series? OH MY WORD.
* Also: GREYS ANATOMY. OH MY HECK.
* We made a cake of Middle Child's design, that was chocolate and had vanilla bean buttercream frosting and was paved with candied pecans and shelled pistachios, and damn it was good.
* Hotter's aphasia took a turn for the poetic when he was trying to remember what the stuff I put around the leafy greens to discourage pests was and finally busted out with "tenacious earth." He meant diatomaceous, but I kind of like tenacious better.
* How are all of YOU?