* I took Hotter to his Transplant checkup today; the GOOD news is that he's gained five pounds. This means that "Operation Foie Gras" (in which I bake All The Things and stuff Hotter like a goose) is working! The bad news, which isn't really THAT bad (at least by MFA standards), is that his Prograf level was too high, which in turn bumped his creatinine level up higher than they like to see it. This didn't surprise me, as he has lost over thirty pounds since his last checkup and medication dosages are based on weight. It didn't surprise the transplant folks either, because apparently the type of GI issues Hotter is having tend to jack Prograf levels UP (which is counterintuitive--you'd THINK this sort of thing would bring all levels DOWN). Either way, they're having him take less Prograf and that should take care of the issue (and, to clarify, his creatinine is only up from his baseline by 0.17, which is not a huge scary jump), and Dr. Kidney is going to pull some strings to get him seen by a GI doctor to address the GI/weight thing.
* Dr. Kidney came into the room and asked Hotter to tell her why he was in the ER. "I WAS CURSED BY GYPSIES," he replied. She raised an eyebrow and fired back with "tell me something I DON'T know!" Heh.
* Dell's screwing continues: UPS has effing LOST the package containing the battery. I just...so. Much. Rage. I can't even.
* Hotter's been goofier than usual lately; his recent reign of terror includes giving the battery package to the wrong UPS man, breaking the LAST CHARGING CABLE IN THE HOUSE for The Precious (this means that I can only charge it in the MFA Minivan until payday, which is really cutting into my Words With Friends time--MY FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, LET ME TELL YOU THEM), and, tonight, ruining a pot of macaroni noodles. I am having a harder time than usual being patient with him. Today he wanted to talk something that was stressing me out TO DEATH, and was DETERMINED to tell me the extended version of his (incorrect) recollection of it as we were driving home from Dr. Kidney's office, and I was cranky and hormonal and hadn't had breakfast (because Hotter has to be fasting for his labs and I didn't want to eat in front of him), and finally lost it and was a bit of an ass. He's over it (short-term memory loss FTW?) but I kind of feel like a weasel.
* Politics. Oy vey ismir! I'll be so glad when this election is over with. Now everyone is all het up because apparently Mitt Romney has nothing but contempt for 47% of the American people. People, people--NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THAT! Heck, I probably have nothing but contempt for a much GREATER percentage of us; I just happen to believe that we all still deserve food, shelter, healthcare, and autonomy over our bodies regardless of gender. Mittens, on the other hand, apparently thinks everyone who wasn't born into privilege should just fuck off and die in a tire-fire if they're cold, hungry, sick, or faced with an unwanted pregnancy. Which is his right, but makes him wrong for the job of President in my humble opinion.
* The lovefest in the comments section of this post is making my black little heart grow three sizes. I can tell you based on over two years' comments and the odd e-mail that Kali is, in fact, a good and lovable egg. HANG IN THERE, KALI! BEEEE THE KITTEN!
* HEYYYYYYY SEXY LAY-DEE! Yes, still. This calls for desperate measures--I'm off to Youtube The Emm-effing Macarena.
* How are all of YOU?