Disclaimer: I am about to bitch about some things that are currently NOT enriching my life in any way. If that is not your cup of tea, you might want to skip this post.
* Dell e-mailed me; most of my laptop is a lost cause. I don't quit understand how the LCD, keyboard, motherboard, hard drive, and one other thing that I am forgetting, I think, could ALL be dead; the technician swears the box was not crushed or otherwise damaged in shipping but I just...REALLY? All of the data is lost, including all pictures from the past two years. Yes, I know, I should've backed it up. Dammit.
* Oh, right, that's the other thing: the battery, which is the only part of the computer NOT covered by the warranty. I already knew the battery needed replacing, but now that my computer is old enough that replacement parts aren't even available through Dell's website, they pretty much said that unless I bought it through them I would waive the remainder of my warranty. So that's $160 I didn't want or need to spend. BALLS!
* Remember when I said my neck was acting up? Well, it's still doing that. It's not any worse, so I'm thinking it's some type of subluxation/pinched nerve/stress thing/chakra being thrown out of whack by the dental work on the same side (kidding on the last one, mostly). I dunno. It's not bad enough that I feel like putting my brand-new insurance through its' paces to see a doctor, given that that costs money, I already know what PT exercises to do for a borked neck, and I already have narcotics on hand should I decide the situation warrants them. Other than that I'm treating it with "tincture of time." Most aches and pains not associated with trauma (and even a lot of the ones that are) respond well to that treatment. Sucks, though.
* I dropped a mandolin, of the large, industrial steel kitchen variety, not the musical sort, next to my right foot at work yesterday, and it clipped the point of my anklebone with enough force on the way down that it bled a bit despite layers of sock and pants covering it and is still really sore. Whomp whomp whomp...
* So yeah, oder gor oder gornit. Everything or nothing is constantly wrong, and today it looks more like everything, despite happy marriage, thriving children, gainful employment (and even sidework where I am encouraged to make free use of the innernet, hence this post, formatted, with a link, even), private health insurance, clean drinking water, a full stomach, and a warm, safe place to sleep (with a seemingly totally healthy dog at the foot of the bed to put my cold feet on). I'm an asshole, and an ungrateful one to boot.
* I am quite certain this is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to any of the above, but I got the PMS Buddy e-mail of doooooom last night (PMS Buddy is what I use to track my Monthly Time Of Furious Unhappiness, as without a uterus there is no forensic evidence to go by). Men, children, animals, co-workers, and readers are advised to take cover for the next forty-eight hours and avoid eye contact, as I may interpret that as a challenge.
* I had given myself a pep-talk about avoiding excessive sodium in light of the last item, but said fuck it and had a giant dill pickle from Jimmy John's at lunch. It was delicious. I plan to drink water and swell up like a tick later. Good times!
* How are all of YOU?