* Surprise! I ended up working the day before yesterday after all. And something amazing happened that will, pending final approval by Management, mean no more eleven-hour weeks even if things in my department are slow. YAY!
* My ex has been promising to take the kids to...let's say DISNEYLAND! (it's not, but it's a destination vacation, which my kids have never gotten to go on, that any kid would love)...for a while now. I've been trying to temper their excitement without defaming my ex's character to them, because between you and me if the guy kept half his promises we'd still be married AND he'd be filthy-rich. Now he's suddenly wanting a hunk of my custodial time, allegedly for DISNEYLAND, courtesy of a relative of his the kids have met twice (and who I know to have some mental health concerns that can be dangerous), and I hate the position this puts me in. Namely that if I say no the XY won't hesitate to throw me under the bus, my reasons wouldn't be easy to put in age-appropriate terms, and I'd probably feel like a rat on some level because it's not like *I* can afford to take my kids anywhere fun like that. I've sent the XY an e-mail asking whether he would be there, whether CATHERINE! would be there, how many rooms would be involved and who'd be sleeping where, etc. and either he'll tell me it's none of my goddamn business and I'll say no but probably beat myself up about it, or he'll give me the information I asked for and I'll have a tough call to make. Boooo, XY. BOO.
* Hotter was able to recover his lost (150 somehugeunit'sworth of) data. YAY!
* The parts we bought have to go back and he still can't connect to the innernet and can't figure out why. Boooo...
* We had a really nice date night last night while the XY was making up a dinner visit he missed. Yay!
* We're out of vital things from the grocery store and pharmacy and I slept wrong on my neck and don't feel like driving. Crap.
* Oh well, at least we can currently AFFORD said vital things!
How are all of YOU?
Sent from The Precious