* I think I have that post-steroid taper depression thing going on. It sucks.
* Today a red beverage exploded on me at work and drenched my shirt, my newest pair of pants, THE PURSE, and The Precious. To say I was not amused would have been an understatement; this motherfucking beverage basically assaulted every non-living thing I hold dear. I nearly cried, especially after Googling said beverage and finding that it is notorious for exploding on people and staining things indelibly. Fortunately, the Otterbox saved The Precious and Oxiclean saved everything else. YAY, OXICLEAN! BOO, SPARKLING ICE BLACK RASPBERRY WITH EXTRA RED #40!
* To try and shake myself out of the doldrums (and burn off angst from some fuckery on the part of the men of the planet) (The XY is being a tool and Hotter has lately confused his role as the resident Jackass Whisperer with being the resident Jackass Advocate), I started the Couch to 10k workout program today. YAY, RUNNING! Unfortunately, BOO, COUCH TO 10K! I found the app (a NON-FREE one, no less!) to be anything BUT user-friendly, and ended up programming the intervals it seemed to be suggesting for Day One, Week One into Runkeeper (which is free, which would seem to defeat the purpose of paying for Couch to 10K). You win some, you lose some, I guess. The good news is, I went running (or run-walk-run-walk-run-walkOMGing) and did not die. My legs felt alright. My lungs were a little bitchy. I had way too much jiggle going on. But I did it!
* I was ready for it to be Friday yesterday.
* Chia seeds are my new favorite thing ever. SO delicious. I mentioned this on the facespace and people's reactions were divided between "HELL YEAH!" and "what do you do with them?" So yeah, you put them in smoothies or float them in beverages (I like them in kefir, both the milk and the water kinds). If you float them in beverages they swell up and sort of en-goo-ify to a tapioca consistency. So if you are skeeved out by tapioca they are not for you, but I happen to love the stuff! Textural bliss aside, the things are packed with Omega 3s and fiber.
* k mentioned today on the Twitter that she wanted a soda fountain, a Murphy bed, and a butler for her office. Doesn't that just sound fabulous? I think I would like the same.
* I have a post brewing about my hatred of Banfield Pet Hospital...but I'm pissy enough today without getting into all of that hot mess.
* Like right now? My ex-husband is sweating my jock via rather aggressively via text message about my youngest's shoes, which he claims are irreparably damaged. He wants to know when I am going to buy the child more shoes. I want to see the shoes before I answer that question, and possibly augment them with some duct tape as a stopgap measure. EVERYONE WANTS DIFFERENT THINGS, OH THE HUMANITY.
* I noticed last night that Isis appears to be down one nipple as a result of her recent surgery, and it irks the hell out of me. Not because she has any use for ANY of her nipples or because of the symmetry so much as because THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER NIPPLE, WHY TAKE IT OFF? Maybe I need to simmer the hell down with my feminism when it gets to the point of anthropomorphosization and body outrage by proxy, but MY DOG WAS ROBBED. Thank you to everyone from the Twitter who expressed their condolences regarding this horrible travesty. We are attempting to move past it as a family.
* How are all of YOU?