* I wish I could tell y'all more about my job. Because I really, really enjoy what I am doing professionally right now. It's...fulfilling. I'm optimistic about where the work I am doing with various parties will lead for all of us involved in the future and that? IS SUPER EXCITING! Unfortunately, as always, the presence of unfriendly eyeballs reading puts a damper on my saying anything any more specific. Which is killing me, because if I had known this kind of work existed in a corporate setting decades ago it is probably what I would have wanted to do when I grew up once I ditched my plans to become a cowgirl. The only way this could be any better is if I was doing pretty much the exact same thing for a multi-billion-dollar BABY ANIMAL STORE.
* My health is doing some things. Nothing doctor-worthy unless it gets much worse, but ughhh. I so need to lose weight (ummyes, I haven't updated the ticker in over a week and it's...wrong).
* Tomorrow the XY is actually taking some non court-awarded time with his progeny (as in that happens less than once per quarter, and not for lack of offering/permitting on my part, so golfclaps for the XY) and Hotter and I are attending a beekeeping class. THIS IS EXCITING!
* OMG I HAVE TO BUY A MOTHERFUCKING BEEHIVE. Also? I CANNOT WAIT TO ENTER THAT INTO OUR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAM. Sorry. I get yelly when I talk about the bees.
* The rabbits are surly and attitudinal. I think they're going through rabbit puberty or something. I hope they come out more likable than this on the other side, because it's not a good look.
* Gas prices. What the hell, gas prices? I so, so, so wish I could afford a smaller, more fuel-efficient (or OH GOD A HYBRID but I'm trying to keep this quasi-realistic) vehicle, at least for me to drive to and from work if not of a size that could replace the MFA Minivan. Sometime this year she's going to cross 200k miles, and...well. I'm hoping bringing in a younger vehicle would perk the old girl up, y'know? Because for all her faults, she can at least drive reasonably well in ice and snow and fit our entire family including pets and/or a flock of poultry.
* OH! I almost forgot, speaking of the MFA Minivan? It has been making a squealing belt noise for well over a month now...I have had multiple belt-type repairs (belt, belt pulley, belt TENSIONER) done on the thing, and I know what a belt noise sounds like. MFA Mechanic's crew, however, say that it cannot be a belt, they do not see an issue, and what KIND of noise was it, actually? And then I say birds tweeting and they say "quit thowin' birdseed on the hood! BWAHAHAHAHA!" and I say it only does it when it's cold and they say they had it up on the lift long enough that it was plenty cool. Aaaaanyway, this morning I and my terminal degree and my iPhone recorded the thing in action and I am looking so forward to playing this footage for those jerkfaces that I'm doing a pretty good job of not speculating how much this'll cost me...
* How are all of YOU?