* Thank you, from the bottom of my black little heart, for the e-mailed and Twitter-DMed offers of cash, help with "the system," contacts in high places, etc. You are wonderful people. Let's not all rally to Do Something just yet, though; while I can't rule out the possibility that I'll ask anyone and everyone for anything and everything they can do or give if it comes to it, at this point I think we should all hold off on doing anything drastic until we know for sure that "the gap" applies to Hotter's situation.
* After reading up on the "extra help" criteria, I don't see how he WON'T re-qualify (he has received "extra help" up until now because he was on Medicaid for a while before we got married, and being on Medicaid AND receiving Social Security benefits automatically qualifies you). It may be (and I am hoping LIKE HELL) that this only a matter of us needing to go through the application process (which we have already done online), and the letter Hotter received yesterday was just to let him know what would happen if he did NOT qualify. According to the online assessment thingamajig he "probably" qualifies. So let's all just hold onto the hope that he will qualify, and that I will stay sane while we wait to find out (yesterday I had my first panic attack in over a year, and lordamercy it was a doozy).
* For several days now, my right upper arm area has ached the way it does when I've just had a shot (like a flu or tetanus one). The last shot I had was several weeks ago, and was in the OTHER arm. The pain isn't particularly debilitating, doesn't get better or worse with exertion or changing position, and there isn't any bruising or other discoloration of the skin over the area (although if I press it does get a lot worse for a few minutes). So it's not a big deal, it's just kind of "there." What gives, body? Why you gotta do me like that?
* I think I have solved the problem of The One Who Dislikes Me by giving her a small gift of a type of electronic charger I heard her say she was looking to acquire (I had one because I used to have the type of equipment it charges, but I no longer have that equipment so it was of no use to me; I figured at the very least giving it to TOWDM was better than sending it to a landfill). The charger was not the standard model, but rather a nicer type that I'd purchased through an after-market source, and TOWDM was thrilled with it. Since I gave that to her she's been much nicer to me; she is still fundamentally lacking in the sense of humor department, but that's okay. I can handle humorless but friendly; it's humorless and HOSTILE that gets to me. Between that and someone's brilliant idea to bring Stalky up with HR myself so that it's on record in case some wacky accusations come in from an unidentified source I would ABSOLUTELY take a permanent job at PseudoCorp if one was offered to me.
* Temp Agency got back to me with "the job is ongoing for the time being," which gives me absolutely nothing to go on, and I finally decided to go the white lie route and told my boss at PseudoCorp's assistant that I'd gotten a call about an interview for a job that wasn't better than PseudoCorp but was, you know, at least a JOB and wouldn't dream of going IF PSEUDOCORP NEEDS ME because I LOVE the company, but the month I was quoted during the interview is up next week and therefore I need to know if I'm done with the company next week or if they would like me to stay on longer. I made sure to tell her to please make it clear I wasn't trying to run out on PseudoCorp AT ALL, but just, you know, needed to know whether to go on said interview.
* The boss's assistant DID say it was news to her that I'd been told I was there for only a month, and that the vacant job position TOWDM is covering "until we find a replacement" (this is allegedly why PseudoCorp brought me in, to cover for TOWDM while she covered for that position) hasn't even been POSTED yet, which would seem to imply that they need me to hang around, and also that she'd only heard positive things about my performance from the higher-ups and would be shocked if they didn't want me to stay on for at least the forseeable future. So there's that.
* Maybe they're thinking of promoting TOWDM to the vacant position and hiring me on to do TOWDM's old (and my current) job? That would be pretty awesome. Once I thought about not having the job any longer I realized that it's really grown on me, and a lot of the perks (the building is gorgeous and offers spectacular views, is near a super-nice public park that I can walk through on my lunch hour on nice days and has a secure and enclosed parking garage I can walk through on my lunch hour on rainy/snowy days, and while it took some adjustment on my part I'm coming to enjoy the corporate culture) are very agreeable. Plus I imagine that if they offered me something fulltime it would entail benefits and ohhhhhh beeeennnnnefiiiiiiiiiits...even if they just kept me on indefinitely as a temp the money is good enough that I don't have to worry about losing my self-paid coverage, and that would be a huge load off my mind (assuming "the gap" doesn't apply to Hotter, in which case we all panic because life is shit and OMG).
* One positive thing came of all the panic over "the gap;" Hotter announced that he "had some feelings" and went out and started kicking the shit out of the busted back-hatch of the MFA Minivan. I didn't expect it to do any good but seeing as how my LAST husband would have kicked the shit out of me or one of the children didn't say anything to dissuade him, and he actually bent the hatch in such a way as to render it functional again. WHOO TITS!
* I have to go and transport the turkeys (minus Thanksgiving), two ducks, and half a dozen chickens plus the parts of the pen they reside in to my boss at Temp Agency #2's house about an hour away. Loud and Crazy the turkey will be riding in a giant burlap sack. WISH ME LUCK because I AM GOING TO NEED IT. If you hear about a minivan full of poultry going off an overpass on the news and I never post again, you'll know why.