* The poultry (at least most of the poultry) can stay! It turns out that we just have to file some paperwork and pay a $75 filing fee to have domestic fowl on less than three acres on an agricultural-zoned property in our locale. We'll be limited to a dozen birds, so we're still sending some to the Arctic Tundra with The Wrath (who is coming early next week to fetch them). The ones who go will include both roosters and the loudest cacklers among the hens, and hopefully that will pacify the neighbors (if in fact it was a neighbor and not Stalky who complained). With the number we keep we'll have plenty of eggs for our family (although we will have to stop giving dozens away to neighbors, which under the circumstances given that maybe it WAS one of them I will not feel bad about). Y'all, I did not want to admit how upset I would have been if we'd had to get rid of all of the birds; they're a large part of why we love living where we do and more than just a source of eggs, meat and feathers. They're FUN. SO happy about not having to get rid of them all!
* I got word that I get to keep my current lovely job (which is through Temp Agency #1) until late November! They're cutting my hours, but only down to 8-5 Monday through Friday, which will be a welcome change as I'll get to have dinner with my family and do homework with the boys, as well as sleep an extra hour in the mornings. I have weekend work lined up for two coming weekends through Temp Agencies 2 and 3, which will be good as we're trying to save for an inexpensive second vehicle I can drive to and from work and such when we don't need the passenger capacity of the MFA Minivan to save on gas. Also, the day job through Temp Agency #1 lasting as long as it is means I'll be eligible for unemployment when it's over should I need it (I hope not to need it, but better to have it as an option and not need it than need it and not have it as an option, right?).
* A fabulous reader informed me that I could change my signature in the iPhone so that now instead of "sent from my iPhone" it says "sent from The Precious." This tickles me to no end!
* I do NOT have anything lined up through any temp agencies for THIS weekend, which means that I get to spend it entirely with my husband. We plan to give our mower a tuneup (new spark plug and air filter), mow the lawn, and spoon a lot.
* How are all of YOU? I do genuinely want to know when I ask. Talk to me!