* I was up at 6 a.m. as part of Lungapalooza '11 and its shitty little friend prednisone, and could NOT get back to sleep even though I didn't HAVE to get up for another hour and a half. I love my sleep. I NEED my sleep. I was in the ER and at the all-night pharmacy until 1 a.m. and was scheduled to work fo twelve hours forty-five minutes away today. Fuck. That. Action.
* I left early for work, and it's a good thing, too, because I got pulled over AGAIN on the way in. Fortunately today's cop was a reasonable human being and saw that giving me a SECOND $60 ticket in twenty-four hours wasn't going to help me afford the effing registration fee, and let me off with an admonition to "get that taken care of as soon as possible." Also not five minutes before that, my effing tooth SHATTERED (as in, broke in NEW places and fell the fuck apart) and I think the missing front tooth made the officer feel sorry for me. I know it made ME feel sorry for me.
* At work I missed most of the rodeo, which is a damned shame given that there were competitors as young as three (!!!) riding bucking SHEEP and roping baby goats. I would've liked to see that! But alas, word had gotten out that I a) wasn't breathing that well and b) knew how to cook so I got sent indoors out of the heat to help the chef. I made truffles and cookies and bread for a wedding. Which was fun, don't get me wrong, but dammit, BABY GOATS.
* I got sent home two and a half hours early too, because it was slow and I think management was a little worried about my cough (I showed them the ER paperwork to prove that it was asthma-related and not anything contagious but it sounds...well, pretty fucking awful, actually, and I guess I can't blame them for being nervous). Such is life.
* I have work at the botanical garden tomorrow, and am a little worried about how my lungs will handle all the pollen of tens of thousands of exotic flowers given that I was using the "use no more than every two hours" inhaler every two hours TO THE MINUTE all day, so Imma go to sleep.
* I need $800 to fix my tooth, and $300 to get the MFA Minivan registered, and $500 for the ER bill, and about a week off until the prednisone bloat goes down and I can fit into my (or at least my husband's) pants more comfortably. Also, for my lungs to stop being assholes. Ideally all by tomorrow. It sure would be great if The Tooth Fairy came while I was asleep. Kinda doubt she will, though.