* This sudden windfall increase in my contract hours along with unbloggable factors working out for the better means that BlogHer '11 is TOTALLY HAPPENING, PEOPLE. Which? Is very exciting! WHO WILL BE THERE? HOLLER LOUDLY!
* As far as the other factor making life easier, it's not something I feel comfortable discussing in light of certain...ahem...parties but what little I CAN say is that it is on Hotter's side of things, not mine and is something we've been holding on "until." Until has nearly come! Appointments to work out the details are made! WHOO TITS!
* Because I had started pursuing all (and I do mean ALL) possible avenues for increasing our household income during the worst of the Summer of Surgi-ma-callit-itis/Isis Mange Massacree in Four-Part Harmony before the good news that came on my birthday, other things were also in the works that were more along the lines of "cast a wide net just in case." One of those things was a proposal to a potential sponsor not only for their sponsorship of MFA Mama but also for some freelance work in some of my areas of expertise...it's something that I've DREAMED of doing and if it works out this could be very, very exciting. Hotter and I are meeting with the husband-and-wife head honchos of Mystery Company on Monday for a sit-down and it looks like this will most DEFINITELY be made of win, it's just a question of how much. INORITE???
* Two dogs snoring after getting to run to their hearts' content in the empty fields behind a nearby subdivision. Isis really is a thing of beauty when she runs lately; she's amazingly graceful after months of adolescent clumsiness even when you DON'T compare her to Bumpus.
* Sweetmeat [ETA: this, not "sweetbreads" or thymus glands, because GROSS] marinating in fresh ginger and garlic, sesame soyaki, and sake for a celebratory dinner. Also, someone will probably have to drink the rest of the bottle in order to avoid wastefulness. The rest of the weekend alone with my husband and free of work or family responsibilities.
* What's not annoying YOU today?