* Isis continues to improve; the Lymphnode of DOOM is now maybe a quarter of the size it was yesterday (if that) and she's got the a bounce in her step again.
* Actually we'd be fine with her having a little LESS bounce in her step. Puppies are a pain in the ass. Pitbulls are tenacious. Pitbull puppies on steroids are a tenacious pain in the ass (think wrapping you like a damn Maypole with the leash and then digging on top of your feet while yapping maniacally).
* My sinus thing seems to be on its way out WITHOUT ANTIBIOTICS. I'm not a fan of antibiotics, and try to avoid them whenever possible, so I usually wait until the second week of misery and then go and collect a prescription and a lecture from my GP--I don't usually get sick OFTEN but when I do...look out! Only once in my adult life have I been sick like this and NOT needed antibiotics. If I do in fact get through this (now that I've gone invitin' the lightnin' by saying something) I'll credit the neti pot with turning the tide. Seriously: get one.
* Hotter's gramma is in ICU due to congestive heart failure but is alert and oriented now that they tapped off a boatload of fluid from her chest (gross) and Hotter's mom and aunt (both of whom are nurses) say they think she'll make a full recovery. She's ninety-five but she's a tough old bird--she fell down a flight of stairs last year and was fine aside from needing a few stitches in her head (I would've broken every damn bone in my body). I'm still worried because she's the only old person I'm not terrified of (Hotter's gramma is adorable) and I'd like the boys to meet her one of these days.
* I took my last dose of Pristiq this morning and we still haven't picked up the refill because Hotter's mom had a brainfart and didn't transfer the money (lest ye think I'm being insensitive because her mom's in ICU, she had no idea until Hotter saw it on his cousin's facespace and called) and aiiieeee...we COULD pick up the refill without her help thanks to a very generous innernet friend except that ExpressScripts put a hold on the funds for refills of my other three prescriptions (I no longer trust them with this one), then drafted my account for the cost of them when they shipped them without removing the hold for that amount. They promised it would be gone today, but it wasn't. ExpressScripts is a bunch of lying cocksuckers who lie and (I've said it before and I'll say it again) don't deserve to have heads. Hopefully the "one-day hold" will be gone tomorrow (day THREE) and it'll all work out okay, but if not I won't be blogging until we get that straight because no joke, y'all don't want to see that much emo. If I miss even one dose of Pristiq not only do I get a killer headache (with bonus risk of seizures!) but also everything is a dire, tragic EMERGENCY and everyone sucks and all I can do is cry. It's the sexiest thing ever.
* But in case I have to go AWOL and you start getting MFA Mama withdrawals, I have a guest-post going up at oh,THAT meredith tomorrow evening.
* After a four-egg day yesterday, the hens only produced ONE stinkin' egg today. Eight hens. One egg. LOSERS! If I'm not in bed crying tomorrow we'll be picking up our new outdoor light/timer setup from the local ACE Hardware store (ebates and site to store free shipping rock my socks off) and that should get their freeloading feathery asses into gear.
* Good night.