* The universe has a sense of humor, y'all. 2009 decided to try to redeem itself on the way out by bringing this, this, and the certified copy of my final divorce decree in the mail on the last day of the year. WHOO TITS!
* Of course, I can't do much more than look forward to what I plan to do with those three things, because when I was all "too late, suckah, to the left with you" anyway, 2009 was all "fine then, remember that Cold From The Hot Place that became sinusitis and an ear infection and finally you caved and took the antibiotics? Well here's some female trouble for you!" Plus Hotter has a couple of loose ends to tie up in the Arctic Tundra where he currently lives before he jumps on board the MFA Ship of Fools.
* Whatever, 2009. I was totally faking it when you thought things were good anyway.
* So about the "machine" I mentioned above (Cecily called it that on g-chat today, which cracked me up). Some of y'all probably read Cecily's excellent blog but in case you don't or haven't read it recently, Cecily recently started working for Eden Fantasys, which (cough okay, here goes my New Year's resolution I mentioned in the last post in action y'all) is a company that sells sex toys. She manages blogger relations for them, among other things.
* Yeah, that big resolution? I decided I'm going to lose my inhibitions when it comes to (sotto voce) the sex. Hotter has gone a long (ohgod, no pun intended there) (well I mean certainly he...nevermind) way toward loosening me up OKAY YOU SEE THAT RIGHT THERE IS THE PROBLEM. Sigh. I'm MFA Mama, and I'm a recovering prude.
* Which is why when Cecily put it out on Twitter that anyone interested in reviewing a sex toy for Eden Fantasys should e-mail her and I hadn't taken my Ritalin yet and did just that, kind of for the heck of it, I was all "what did I just do???" Because, well, I mean, my goodness y'all. I had just re-opened the blog (password-protected at first until I decided that haters will hate whether I hide from them or not) and hadn't even decided what my position on reviews (paid or otherwise) on my blog was, never mind addressed my little...issue...and just like that I had a discreet package from a sex toy retailer on its way for me to review on my blog.
* Fact: undermedicated ADD and courage can sometimes be indistinguishable to the naked eye.
* So anyway, I decided that a) no more Twitter before the Ritalin kicks in, b) I'm going to try an actual sex toy, and c) I'm going to review stuff on here from time to time.
* So sometimes I'll do a review or link to a product just because something is awesome (like the link to Godiva up there? Yeah I got nothin' for that, I just love them and really love that they have a 50% off sale after Christmas! But hey, Godiva, if you're reading this and need reviewers? CALL ME) or, I dunno, I find an interesting new product that I feel like sharing my "road-test" of with y'all (probably because it's hilarious in either its great success or monumental failure), and sometimes because a company offers me something I'd like to try in exchange for an honest review of said product (that would be the "machine"). What I will do is this: see this new category called "reviews?" I will tag all posts having to do with reviews as such and put a little disclaimer for our friends at the FTC at the top stating whether I did or did not receive any compensation for said review. That way if you don't want to read a review post, you can skip that one. What I will not do, ever, is write a dishonest word on here about any product, whether I'm reviewing it for fun, profit, or any mixture of the two (that way if something sucks you've been warned, and if I say something is awesome you know I'm telling the truth).
* Look for the review of the "machine" mid-January-ish :)
* Oh, yeah. I said several resolutions last time didn't I? Well there's the one I already mentioned, the one where I get serious about writing (that resolution is practically a tradition at this point so why stop now? Plus this time I REALLY MEAN IT), and the one where next time I'm sick and it goes on forever? I will just take the stinkin' antibiotics after, say, a week. Because I do this every winter without fail, and am always like "gee I should've caved sooner." The end.